cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

update from maiden voyage 2020

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
finally able to get our very delayed season going. camper is coming home from storage (work) with me tomorrow to flush the pink stuff, dress the beds, fill the cupboards and what not. setting out for our first weekender of the year this weekend and I'm excited. The kids are champing at the bit. Hopefully the weather doesn't get testy, currently showing clear but hotter than Hades
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....
13 REPLIES 13

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
planning another weekend this upcomming weekend. same park, nicer site.

changed black tank valve and cleaned out the drip tray on the AC this weekend (it was hot and that was a crappy job lol) so hopefully good to go again.

dcb17b
Explorer II
Explorer II
Glad to hear you finally got out and your trip went well. We have driveway camped a few times with the grandkids and backyard camped at my sons house for Memorial day and the 4th of July. NYS parks are open now and we camped Sunday to Thursday this past week with our new camper. It was a much needed break and a good opportunity to shake down the new camper...all went well with no issues!!
2022 F-150 STX 2,7 Ecoboost
2016 Jayco 23 BHM

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
^ upgraded my boat late spring..... the new (to us) old boad has been used A LOT while the camper had to sit. now we will juggle

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jebby14 wrote:
FINALLY got out, got a lot of heat and rain but it was a success. The kids had a blast, lots of food and beverages and a fairly nice local site to boot....... hows everyone doing this season so far?

We have been doing good. I usually stay close to home and this year I am doing that even more so. Some friends got a new (used) camper and we have been having fun teaming up with them.

By staying close to home I get the chance to get the boat out. I'm always a little nervous because my Silverline boat was made in 1973. So far it has been doing well and I may push it a little more.

It is a different sort of year for us. Last year we went to a lot of concerts and other public events. This year I am avoiding crowds and keeping my groups smaller.

Every year has a different style and flavor to it and this is just another one.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you had a successful outing.
We have our 4th trip of the year coming up at Huntington Beach State Park in SC for a week.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
FINALLY got out, got a lot of heat and rain but it was a success. The kids had a blast, lots of food and beverages and a fairly nice local site to boot....... hows everyone doing this season so far?

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
have the house battery with me, shes coming home after work to get the pink stuff out and the fridge cooling.

as for the boat, always had a little fishing boat, this lockdown got the wife to sign up to something more family friendly. now i have a 1992 chaparral 2020 sl. nice boat been tinkering. lots of work, even more than the camper at this point but ill get there. we have used it a ton.

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
We've had 2 trips cancelled on us. So, instead of Colorado and South Dakota, we are now doing a state park a few hours from us...one we don't get to (actually has been years since we been) often.

I love to tally the nites in the camper, and if we can hit 30 a year, I like to think we spent a month in it....this year we will be lucky to hit 10. Note I do count driveway camping...because we did 1 nite this year in the drive way...and my daughter has "camped" in the driveway 3 nites this year...wi-fi, fridge, and all. Fun times.

ZINGERLITE
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
^ you and me both friend. opted to put it back in storage shortly after it came out end of march. out of the driveway means the boat could live at home. Normally the camper lives at home so it can stay plugged in. I'm only allowed one at home to not upset the house nazis

Great summer to own a boat! i put an interior in mine this spring. it was quite the project but had the time!

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
^ you and me both friend. opted to put it back in storage shortly after it came out end of march. out of the driveway means the boat could live at home. Normally the camper lives at home so it can stay plugged in. I'm only allowed one at home to not upset the house nazis

ZINGERLITE
Explorer
Explorer
we used it once in the driveway already. our first outing isn't until labor day. Hopefully i can get a bunch of fall camping in. I also hope the camp grounds are empty in the fall!

Wishbone51
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck! First trip of the season always seems to be more stressful than usual.
2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH
2004 Nissan Titan