cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv mount question

WarEagleDerek
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a Gulf Stream 22UDL Envision. There is no tv mount inside although I have seen the same model online with the mount included. It is located to the the right of the kitchen on an exterior wall with the connections for power, cable, and aux in the ceiling above. The outer wall does not seem like it's s thick wall with wood studs so I'm apprehensive drilling into it. Does anyone have experience mounting a tv inside a fiberglass TT? I don't want to drill clean thru the wall and come thru the outside.
4 REPLIES 4

WarEagleDerek
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I have the antenna already mounted on the roof. I’m fine with the tv mounting to the end of the cabinet. I think that may be my safest bet to not cause damage to the outside wall. I had seen a video about adding a backer for support. It’s a light 32” tv. I’ll update thread with pics when I complete the mount. Thanks.

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depending on the size of the TV you're wanting to mount would drive my suggestions. If it's smaller (21" or so), you can get away with an vertical articulating mount similar to this one.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=7844

Note that the two mounting screws are vertical, one above the other so you basically just have to identify a vertical stud and hit it solidly.

If it's a bigger TV, something like this might be your best best, Again Vertical mounting screws.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=6198

If you go with the cabinet mount as described above, you could use toggle bolts through the cabinet and put a backer inside the cabinet to support.

If you go with the exterior wall, measure the thickness of your wall at the entry door. Then measure the thickness of the mounting plate and use screws 1/8" less than the two measurements totaled so you don't puncture the fiberglass outside.
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I looked up your model on YouTube and found several videos. The models are slightly different, but all of them are 22 UDL. Some have the television mount above the kitchen counter on the outside wall and some of the television mount on the end of the cabinet, facing the back window.

If it were mine, I'd mount a swivel arm on the end of the kitchen cabinet above the sink. Here's a video with the television above the counter on the end of the cabinet facing back window. It's a quick shot, but stop the video (the letter "k" on your keyboard for pause) and you'll see it at 4:44 into the video.

Click here.

Other videos show the television mount on the outside wall above the counter and others show no television mount at all.

Still, it seems the best and most logical place for a solid, uncomplicated mount, would be the end of the overhead cabinet.

Does your model have an antenna on the roof, and the power booster installed? If not, you'll also need to figure that out too.

Cardinals
Explorer
Explorer
I am waiting on the response to your question. Our Jayco has a marker of where the TV mount would go and, not thinking clearly I drilled a whole only to realize that the bolts would not hold due to narrowness of wall to exterior.......looking for suggestions as well.