cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TST color monitor (TPMS)

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at the 10 cap system with the new color monitor and at this point all I need to do is click the button to purchase it.

If anyone has one, what are the exact dimensions of the color monitor? I am making my new center console and want to recess it like the rear view monitor and radio to make it look like a clean install. I see conflicting dimensions on the height. TST says 3" and other sites say 2.5" im thinking the difference is the antenna. It looks to be about a 1/2" tall. Seems to be 4.5" wide and 1" deep. The antenna will sit behind the oak face panel so that all that is seen is the housing. I will wait till I have it in my hand to do the cutting, but I'm just curious on he dimensions.

Thanks
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
13 REPLIES 13

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks, nice to know. I've considered the new monitor, but haven't committed yet.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

nremtp143
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
A sensor low power alert is a great idea. Considering the hour lag time for sensor loss notification, it's a seriously good idea. I wonder if it is available with the older sensors.

The sensors that I have are at least 7 years old as I've now had them on three campers. The reason I bought the new monitor was that I started having 537* readings on one wheel and the company said it was the firnware in my old monitor, so I bought the new one and replaced the repeater to the one that comes with it. Seems to work better but still has the lag on start up.
2016 Montana 3790RD, Legacy Edition, G614s, TST TPMS
2008 Thor Vortex 26FS
2013 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4, Edge CTS, B&W Companion, Viair 10007 Air System, Firestone Air Bags
2001 Excursion Limited 7.3L 4x4, V/B Springs
2001 Silverado 3500 DRW CCLB 8.1L/Allison 4x4

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
A sensor low power alert is a great idea. Considering the hour lag time for sensor loss notification, it's a seriously good idea. I wonder if it is available with the older sensors.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

nremtp143
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
nremtp143 wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.

You're welcome! One thing that happened to me last weekend was I had a sensor with a weak battery that kept alarming on the way to Pigeon Forge so I had to keep hushing it. I would keep the buttons accessible if possible because it drove me crazy the 50 miles up there.
That sounds odd, unless the weak battery was showing low pressure. If it was losing the signal due to a weak battery, it wouldn't keep alarming, it would take about an hour to alarm for lost connection. Did TST add a low battery alarm? It never had one before.

The monitor I just bought at the rally in Goshen in September has a battery level for the monitor itself and then when the alarm started going off, it was an empty battery signal with an "X" over it. Since I have talked to the company here in GA quite a bit over the years with the system, I called them on the way and the tech said that it was my RR tire sensor battery low. I changed them once we got to Pigeon Forge and had no trouble at all coming home with the system. So, apparently it does tell you if the battery is weak.
2008 Thor Vortex 26FS
2013 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4, Edge CTS, B&W Companion, Viair 10007 Air System, Firestone Air Bags

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
nremtp143 wrote:
dodge guy wrote:

You're welcome! One thing that happened to me last weekend was I had a sensor with a weak battery that kept alarming on the way to Pigeon Forge so I had to keep hushing it. I would keep the buttons accessible if possible because it drove me crazy the 50 miles up there.

Yes, and with the new color monitor all the buttons are on the front with the exception of the power switch. And it will be within easy reach.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
nremtp143 wrote:
dodge guy wrote:

That sounds odd, unless the weak battery was showing low pressure. If it was losing the signal due to a weak battery, it wouldn't keep alarming, it would take about an hour to alarm for lost connection. Did TST add a low battery alarm? It never had one before.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have mine mounted in the bottom left corner of the windshield and ran a long USB cable from the center console to the unit. Only problem I've run into, It's a little slow getting connected to the tires, and for some stupid reason when hooked to power, it will sometimes abruptly shut off.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Roger10378 wrote:
With it hidden away that far I would mount the antenna remotely or you will lose the signal frequently.

Probably not on the newer TST systems as they all come with the repeater now. I was having occasional drop offs with my 7 year old TST when I went to a 36 ft trailer and the problem went away when I added the repeater. It used to be a $39 option.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

nremtp143
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:

2008 Thor Vortex 26FS

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
It’s no farther forward than it would be if I mounted it to the dash. And the antenna is fixed so it can’t be moved. The system has a repeater that is mounted at the rear of the MH so it should have a good range.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
With it hidden away that far I would mount the antenna remotely or you will lose the signal frequently.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

nremtp143
Explorer
Explorer
Here are the measurements from mine this morning.

2008 Thor Vortex 26FS