cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Truck Camper Renaissance in Australia

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
After being in the Doldrums for years, it looks like Millenials and others have " discovered" Truck Csmpers in Australia. That does not mean CamperTrailers and Hybrid Caravans are going backwards.It does mean that TC's are in the mix
Here is a TC from a new manufacturer from a Western Australia
A Country Caravan and Camping Show will have 10 TC's on display
Desert Tray Back Campers

15 REPLIES 15

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Even Russians have truck camper renaisance :B

https://youtu.be/m3OcmZMpvEQ

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
Other than the hard pop-up, I don't think these designs are that new for Australia. Can't say if they have a new age group or not.

New TC builders come and go. Trailblazers RV are new .Coolspeed is new and the TC by Eartbcruiser is also new.
Hybrid Caravans and Canpertrailers are like Mushrooms after the rain, seemingly a new model or manufactuer every month
Regional Show has 10 TC's

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
They are all very sharp. American builders should take a hard look at them.

Robert... Does Lance still sell in OZ?

Good question. I saw a display with my Sister at the Newcastle show. Not that impressed

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Other than the hard pop-up, I don't think these designs are that new for Australia. Can't say if they have a new age group or not.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
They are all very sharp. American builders should take a hard look at them.

Robert... Does Lance still sell in OZ?
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
That first one looks like it should hold a set of drums or maybe a sound mixer for the next gig. ๐Ÿ˜‰

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
GoinThisAway wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
Another manufacturer at the show is Trailblazers RV

Any info available on the entry steps on this one?

No. I think you would have to contact Trailblazer RV
Their contact is http://www.trailblazersrv.com.au/
Web contact on main site

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
Another manufacturer at the show is Trailblazers RV

Any info available on the entry steps on this one?
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Eugarps wrote:
RobertRyan,

"That thing is bada$$."

What NRALFR said. At the risk of being redundant, why does OZ get all the cool campers? We have tray campers here but none as impressive as the lead post.

๐Ÿ˜‰

Best,

Bill

Very different culture and Off Road conditions. Can factor in a lot of competition for Off Road RV's
TC's have to compete with Hybrid Caravans

Or Off Road Caravans

and Off Road Motorhomes

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:

Nice, real nice. :C

Eugarps
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan,

"That thing is bada$$."

What NRALFR said. At the risk of being redundant, why does OZ get all the cool campers? We have tray campers here but none as impressive as the lead post.

๐Ÿ˜‰

Best,

Bill
1978 27' Southwind MH - Gone
1982 19' Terry Taurus TT - Gone
1990 24' Prowler TT - Gone
TC - Still in the Hunt

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Nice looking. Particulars are?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
NRALIFR wrote:
Well, it took you over ten years, but you finally posted something from down under that makes me say โ€œI want thatโ€. I like itโ€™s lack of aesthetics externally. Inside is really interesting. Looks utilitarian, and I mean that in a good way.

Iโ€™m not sure I recognize the contraption on top of the diamond tread storage box on the back. What is that? Tankless water heater?

That thing is bada$$.

:):)

Good question what that is,as they do not go into details. it is on a Toyota LandCruiser Diesel V8 Ute . BadAss as you say also applies to the various Expedition Motorhome manufacturers who are now selling their vehicles Globally
SLR has about 5 Variants of their Expedition Vehicles

Now you have local manufacturers doing Slideouts. Manufacturer mainly does Horse Floats

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Well, it took you over ten years, but you finally posted something from down under that makes me say โ€œI want thatโ€. I like itโ€™s lack of aesthetics externally. Inside is really interesting. Looks utilitarian, and I mean that in a good way.

Iโ€™m not sure I recognize the contraption on top of the diamond tread storage box on the back. What is that? Tankless water heater?

That thing is bada$$.

Iโ€™m referring to the Desert Trayback.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!