cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble finding a honest dealership to buy Ram 3500

ulvik
Explorer
Explorer
Been trying for weeks now to find an honest Ram dealership within 500 miles of Gatlinburg to buy a new truck. They all end up trying to con you, lie and use dishonest tactics from start to end. I end up on the phone for about an hour each time only to find the price they listed has so many loop holes that after what seems like forever they finally inform you the price is actually much higher. One dealership verified the price on the phone and insured me that was the price I would pay for it to just drive 7 hours to their dealership and simply do the deal and drive home. I demanded him email me everything in writing multiple times. After multiple request for an email he reluctantly sent it and the price jumped $6,000. Good thing I did not drive there cause I would have needed bail money once I got there. Anyone know of a no haggle honest straight forward Ram dealer within 500 miles of Gatlinburg TN? Almost to the point of giving up and keeping what I got. Thanks just needed to rant a little also!
2018 Ram 3500 DRW
2015 Heartland Big Country 3650RL
Great Smokey Mountains
42 REPLIES 42

kansaspcdoc
Explorer
Explorer
These guys rock https://www.jimgloverdodge.com/?utm_source=googlemybusiness&utm_medium=organic
Kansaspcdoc

2018 Dodge Ram 3500
2008 Pilgrim 1500 Lite

Good Sam RV Club Member

Larry-D
Explorer
Explorer
We've bought two new vehicles (Jeep and RAM) truck from Beaman Dodge, RAM, Jeep, Fiat in Murfreesboro, TN. No problems with them. They also have an excellent service dept. which has taken care of us for about 8 years now. Can;t really recommend a salesman since our last purchase was over two years ago.

2012Oudoorsman
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.indytruckchampion.com

Check this guy out. He's the sales manager. Very active on the Cummins forum and had one of the largest ram dealers because of all his special orders he does. I do wish I was able to find him before buying mine. No personal experience

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^ Agreed. Some (a lot) of dealer snake their money on higher margins and lower volume. Some (a few) make it on high volume and low margin. I know which one I pick.
The other guys rely on the uninformed consumer and impulse buyers.

The last day of the month thing is true, I’m almost certain. I was 90% into buying a new truck on Dec 30. Had the deal, had the cashiers check. Dealer stalled us until closing time and then jacked the price AFTER a signed purchase agreement. Why? After the fact the GM divulged they made their goal that afternoon and didn’t need my no profit sale any longer.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

brooks379
Explorer
Explorer
The way you can buy a new truck has changed !! Friend of mine was shopping locally for a new Superduty and couldn’t find a deal he liked. He started looking online and found a new F350 he liked, the dealer was over 600 miles away, he called the place, made the deal over the phone. He paid for fuel and the salesman drove it 600+ miles on the weekend to him then my friend bought him a one way $80 airline ticket home.

The last truck I bought I looked online and called some dealers, when I found the truck and deal I liked I told the guy I will be there Monday (250 mile drive) I said What is the OUT THE DOOR PRICE , I’m bringing one check what’s the total ? He told me and that’s what it cost....Beat the local dealers by several thousand dollars.

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
Check with the dealers in Seymour, Columbus and North Vernon IN. All are within 20 miles of each other and 50-60 miles north of the river along I - 65. They may have a truck you want. They didn't have one that I wanted so I ordered. Made a deal with they dealer I wanted to. It was suppose to ship from factory yesterday. We shall see.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
The way FCA pays bonus money to dealers is their attainment of monthly sales goals. Unless they have changed it since I retired 2 years ago.
Go in on the last day of the month when they are almost at the goal. If one more vehicle gets them $100K they will darn near give it to you but only that day.
The last day thing works at all brands, but only FCA afaik has the huge payoff if they hit the goal.
Puma 30RKSS

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
IdaD wrote:
normal_dave wrote:
Halmfamily wrote:
Try James O'Neil Chrysler Dodge in Breman, GA. I didn't buy a Dodge from them but our 2008 GMC 3500 four years ago. The price on the internet was great and they put 6 new tires on the truck and delivered it me in Alabama. I will be looking at them for our next truck.

Ditto, family-owned dealer, big volume on Ram heavy duty trucks, folks fly and drive often, easy day trip from your house, just West of the ATL US27/I20.

Example:'18 Tradesman crew 6.7L Cummins

$4500 off MSRP is a terrible deal on any full size truck.

X2, that $47K is about what I paid for my fully loaded Big Horn. (+ fees of course)
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
x2 We bought our truck here https://www.rontonkinchryslerjeepdodgera......../2018-ram-3500-milwaukie-oregon-32892197 Called before to see if the discount was the same with a trade. They said yes. Drove 50 miles and go the deal. Not this truck but one in 2012. I'd buy there again in a heartbeat.

Yup, $10,000 off MSRP is pretty easy to get from most Ram dealers. If you are not getting near that at a local dealer it is time to go elsewhere.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
IdaD wrote:
normal_dave wrote:
Halmfamily wrote:
Try James O'Neil Chrysler Dodge in Breman, GA. I didn't buy a Dodge from them but our 2008 GMC 3500 four years ago. The price on the internet was great and they put 6 new tires on the truck and delivered it me in Alabama. I will be looking at them for our next truck.

Ditto, family-owned dealer, big volume on Ram heavy duty trucks, folks fly and drive often, easy day trip from your house, just West of the ATL US27/I20.

x2 We bought our truck here https://www.rontonkinchryslerjeepdodgeramfiat.com/new/ram/3500/in-stock/2018-ram-3500-milwaukie-oreg... Called before to see if the discount was the same with a trade. They said yes. Drove 50 miles and go the deal. Not this truck but one in 2012. I'd buy there again in a heartbeat.

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
normal_dave wrote:
Halmfamily wrote:

2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

normal_dave
Explorer
Explorer
Halmfamily wrote:

1995 Ford E-150 Club Wagon Chateau Van
2012 Cargo Trailer Conversion Camper/Hauler

Bedlam
Without getting too far off track: My Ram purchase was harder than any other vehicle I have bought in the past. Maybe it was due to my choice of a chassis cab, but I found the dealers hard to work with and uninformed about their own products.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
VernDiesel wrote:
You don’t have to buy local to get it serviced local. Sales & service operate as two seperate businesses. Service department will be happy to have you as a customer.

Do to timing of incoming money and no time to order a truck before departing for the wintering in Arizona, in Sept 2015 we purchased a stocked truck at John Elway'g Greeley, Co dealership.

They had three identical trucks in three colors. The one we bought was listed as the cheapest(lost leader). We did the deal on the phone and with emails, paying for the truck Friday afternoon before getting on the airplane Sunday.

Internet sales lady picked up Monday morning at the Hotel at the Denver airport.

With that back ground it place, we will never use that dealership for service. While in Arizona last March we had 6 flashes done at a dealer in Mesa, Az.

Back home later in the Spring we had the SCR recall done at a dealer in Marysville, Wa

We recently dealt with two Arizona dealers getting the T-51 water pump recall done.

In all cases we had no issues that I would label as NOT BOUGHT HERE. All we professional and did the work in a timely manner, with the exception of the first dealer on the water pump not having a water pump that day. As I was leaving the second dealership a week and a half later with a new water pump I got a call from dealer number one saying that they again had water pumps. This last San Tan area dealer washed the truck also!

Because of my Max Care Warranty I received a free rental car in all cases(4) without issues. I would note that both of the Arizona dealers now have their own rental car setup on site.

BTW, DW and I high five'd each other repeatedly for two days driving the new RAM home from Colorado. Cruising at 80 MPH in Wyoming and Utah was great with the 3:42 gears at a low 1750 RPMs.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021