cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trailer leaking fluid

dmorrismorrisd
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a beginner camper - and my travel trailer is leaking what looks like possibly waste (but I'm not quite sure). It's dripping out of one or two pvc pipes. See attached pic and tell me how to stop this leak. It's getting all over the driveway at my RV park. Thank you.
12 REPLIES 12

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Someone needs to determine which pipe the water is exiting from. If exiting from pipe with no valve (without shutoff handle), then, Dr Steve and hussbuss are right, you have a failed check valve to your freshwater tank. If the water exits the pipe with the valve, then, you have a failed valve. If the valve has failed, it is easy to cut the pipe and glue on another PVC valve. They are less than $5 at any decent hardware store. You will also need the PVC glue to install the new valve.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

hussbuss
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with drsteve above's answer. Defective check valve allowing fresh water tank to fill.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think you're missing any parts--the overflow hose is supposed to be open. I think your fresh water tank has been pressurized and filled by the park water system, and it's dribbling out the overflow. There is a check valve in the pump that should prevent this, that may be the problem.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
i have that same set up on my trailer they are for the fresh water tank the one with the shutoff valve is the tank drain the other open tube is the vent and over flow for when the tank is full.

dmorrismorrisd
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you to all that has replied - and for the poster who posted my image for me (sorry, I'm working off a mobile phone). I am running off the mobile home park's water supply (not the holding tank w/water pump). So do you think one of my pvc twist valves is totally missing - one has it and the other does not? Every day there is a large puddle of water underneath my RV, and I am just trying to fix the issue without someone at the park informing me first.
Again, thank you for the replies. Now I just need to know if a part is missing and, if so, where I can find a replacement part?
Thanks again.

doughboy
Explorer
Explorer
not sure, but it could be the on board fresh water drain with an overflow tube.
Larry, Lisa, and a dog named "Pepperjack"
2000 Excursion,Toreador red,diesel
2013 cruiser, viewfinder,
Waitin for my ship to come in

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree low point drains. You must be working off the city water supply at your site.
If...... you had water in your fresh holding tank and running off your water pump, then you would know that you were leaking water and not waste. The water pump would be cycling to keep up with pressure loss.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Here, I'll help you with your image.....these are low point drains....fresh water. looks like the shut off valve is missing on one of them..

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

DRKMinWA
Explorer
Explorer
Might be the low point drain valves.
Rick & Kathy
2014 Econ 16RB
2013 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can actually right click on his 'image' and open it in a new tab and it's not the waste dump thats leaking. Not sure what it is actually. 2 white pipes with what appears as a quarter turn valve attached.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
A fast and easy way to include a photo in a forum post. Just drag-n-drop a photo, and copy-n-paste the image link in your message post. Uploads photos directly to IMGUR.com servers. Automatically resizes photos to the max recommended by the Open Roads Forum. Includes a thumbnail preview, and also provides an optional link to permanently delete the photo. The WebApp is available at http://photoposting.is-great.net
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Welcome. You need to use a photo hosting site to post images.
In the mean time, make sure your grey and black tank valves are shut.
There are normally no PVC pipes anywhere in an RV. If they are low point drains then they will be 1/2" Pex lines that could be white, opaque, blue or red. The water will be clean and there should be either a caps on the lines or vavles.