cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TPMS suggestions

cgjt
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at purchasing a tire pressure monitoring system for our travel trailer. Any suggestions regarding manufacturers and models would be appreciated. Leaning toward the Tymate brand but would appreciate suggestions. Thank you.
14 REPLIES 14

Bob911
Explorer
Explorer
the e-man wrote:
I just bought the TST 507 with flow through valves. I tested it last weekend with good results. There are several good TPMS on the market. I liked the idea of the flow-through valves where you don't have to remove the monitors to add air. However, you'll need to have metal valve stems to use that model. On the trip, it cycled through each tire showing pressure and temperature. Seemed to work well.

I could use some ideas from the group on the best way to install the signal repeater. It looks like it could get attached on or near the battery box. But, it would be nice to have a shutoff to prevent draining the battery. How did you install it?

I made a small bracket that contained both the repeater and a automotive type toggle switch. The bracket slides onto the propane bottle hold down, so when park I remove the propane bottle cover, turn toggle switch and propane valve off.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
I have the tireminder, reason was it supports multiple trailer combo's and I have two trailers I pull and it's easy to switch between the two with the system.

Otherwise, tireminder, TST are both very good systems.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

mlh
Explorer
Explorer
There was a great youtube video with a detailed comparison between TST and Tireminder. My vote is the TST 507.
2021 Ram 2500 Crew, 6.4, 4x4
2022 Cherokee Arctic Wolf 287BH
B and W patriot 18k slider.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 507 with repeater that went kaput after about 2 years. Tires would slowly drop out one after another. This happened on a long trip and there was only a Glamping World nearby, so I ended up with the TireMinder Trailer TPMS. Four years and works great. Never did figure what was wrong with the 507. Really like the solar part.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I mounted my repeater in a storage compartment and wired it to the lamp. The lamp switch was replaced with a center off switch that turns on the repeater one way and the lamp the other way.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
the e-man wrote:
I just bought the TST 507 with flow through valves. I tested it last weekend with good results. There are several good TPMS on the market. I liked the idea of the flow-through valves where you don't have to remove the monitors to add air. However, you'll need to have metal valve stems to use that model. On the trip, it cycled through each tire showing pressure and temperature. Seemed to work well.

I could use some ideas from the group on the best way to install the signal repeater. It looks like it could get attached on or near the battery box. But, it would be nice to have a shutoff to prevent draining the battery. How did you install it?

Mine is installed on the rear wall of my last storage compartment (class A). I just remove the fuse when itโ€™s not in use.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

the_e-man
Explorer
Explorer

2018 Grand Design Transcend 28MKS
2010 Ram 2500
Travel Trail Sail - Info on Travel Planning, RV Camping, Outdoor Living

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't read all the responses but I would suggest staying away from the sensors that are built into the tires because, at one time, not every tire shop could or would deal with the sensors when they repaired a tire. That may have changed but we have the kind where the sensor is installed on the metal valves so don't have the problem
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have no experience with anything but my current Tireminder, and I really am liking it.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Yet another TST 507 here.... It's my first one, and I really like it a lot
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Land_Yachters
Explorer
Explorer
Another TST vote. Bought system for MH and toad and works flawlessly. I had operator question about compatibility between the 2 valve sensors and called them. "Leave a message.."and **** if a very nice guy didn't call me back in 10 minutes and tell me to call anytime.
BTW, never needed booster. Picks up toad sensors everytime.
Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee

GTO66
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for the TST 507 had mine for several years and its caught a few leaks which may have saved me a more serious problem.

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
We have the TST 507 and really like it. Link:https://tsttpms.com/

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I like the TST system. Have it for my MH and toad. Works great and doesnโ€™t drop out when you use the repeater (which is necessary).
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!