cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torklift Rear Tiedown on 2017/2018 F350 OEM Hitch?

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone installed the Torklift rear tiedonws (F3008 I believe) on a 2017 or 2018 F350 with the factory oem hitch?

I'm wondering how they install; do they attach to the oem hitch or chassis or both. I think Ford is offering the 2018 with a 2-1/2" receiver or a 3" receiver, I don't know if that makes a difference on the TL part number.

Thanks for any help,
BradW
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos
12 REPLIES 12

AISURFFISH
Explorer
Explorer
Video
2017 F350 6.2L Crew Cab

Arctic Fox 990 2021 TORK-LIFT FAST GUNS AND SUPER HITCH
COOLER RACK OFF THE FRONT ALWAYS FULL OF FISHING RODS TICA TO BE EXACT

AISURFFISH
Explorer
Explorer
https://youtu.be/ZFW5hNnPfCM

So easy my Son did the instal and made a movie
2017 F350 6.2L Crew Cab

Arctic Fox 990 2021 TORK-LIFT FAST GUNS AND SUPER HITCH
COOLER RACK OFF THE FRONT ALWAYS FULL OF FISHING RODS TICA TO BE EXACT

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kayteg1 wrote:
Between ....... camera moving...........

For front tie-downs make sure the holes and bolts are clean.
I had hard time holding bracket with 1 hand and bolt fishing wire with other and then find that the bolt will not fit into hole becouse of coating overspray.

Thanks for the advice on cleaning out the bolt holes.

And I need to start another thread on cameras and T/Cs.

Thanks,
BradW
Wake Up America

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
THOM.CEIJE wrote:
I just installed these F3008 on my '17 350.
Took about 10 minutes and are very stable with a load. I started with the 'bumper buttons' but, the bumper moves too much and I lost the turnbuckle on one side so I opted for the Forklift ones and am very happy.
They slide into your hitch open ends and one bolt. Viola, you are done.
The front ones (F2021) are more of a pain and took about 3 hours. The whole package is very stable and the camper stays put!

I switched too. My HJ buttons running off road, torqued the bumper a bit so I did like Keyteg did and stub welded tubing to the Class 5 hitch frame sides with telescoping ends secured with hitch pins. The rear camper mounts really son't do much anyway, it's the front mounts that secure the camper in the bed so the rears just hold the TC in alignment. Didn't put a foot ion the end of the tubing, just added a stainless eye bolt. Whole thing took about 30 minutes to install and cost less than 30 bucks.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
BradW wrote:

As a half-arse welder and shade-tree fabricator myself, I love saving money by building stuff like this. But know that I am fast approaching retirement, its not as fun as it used to be....especially the getting up off the garage floor part, I will spend the $267 (w/free shipping) for a well made and well thought out product from Torklift and save my brain power and fab time for developing a hitch extension with built-in camper steps and hand rail. 🙂 🙂

BradW

I semi-retired this year, but even before I was avoiding automotive shops my whole life like a flue.
Between tie-downs, Sulastic hangers, front hitch, tailgate removal, camera moving and regural service and repairs - the truck would spend about 1/2 of its life in shops, not on the roads where I like it.
For front tie-downs make sure the holes and bolts are clean.
I had hard time holding bracket with 1 hand and bolt fishing wire with other and then find that the bolt will not fit into hole becouse of coating overspray.

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
THOM.CEIJE wrote:
Took about 10 minutes and are very stable with a load. I started with the 'bumper buttons' but, the bumper moves too much and I lost the turnbuckle on one side so I opted for the Forklift ones and am very happy.
The front ones (F2021) are more of a pain and took about 3 hours. The whole package is very stable and the camper stays put!

Just the info I was looking for from someone who has installed them themselves. THANKS!!!

And thank you all who posted helpful info.

BradW
Wake Up America

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kayteg1 wrote:
Being a welder, I could not justify spending $300 for something I did fabricate in 1.5 hr.
Fronts are worth the $350 as require custom fitment, but for the rear a piece of square tubing from old ball mount and few ft of 1.5" square tubing, with 2" square washers from HD did the trick.

As a half-arse welder and shade-tree fabricator myself, I love saving money by building stuff like this. But know that I am fast approaching retirement, its not as fun as it used to be....especially the getting up off the garage floor part, I will spend the $267 (w/free shipping) for a well made and well thought out product from Torklift and save my brain power and fab time for developing a hitch extension with built-in camper steps and hand rail. 🙂 🙂

BradW
Wake Up America

THOM_CEIJE
Explorer
Explorer

Rustofer
Explorer
Explorer
They attach to the ends of the factory hitch, it appears with a single bolt. I have a '17 with those torklift tie-downs.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Being a welder, I could not justify spending $300 for something I did fabricate in 1.5 hr.
Fronts are worth the $350 as require custom fitment, but for the rear a piece of square tubing from old ball mount and few ft of 1.5" square tubing, with 2" square washers from HD did the trick.

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Tie-Downs/TorkLift/TLF3008.html
specifically F3008 install instructions
https://www.etrailer.com/instructions.aspx?pn=TLF3008
Shows adapter for F250 cross tube to larger F350 up hitch-
only 1 size so assume cross tube same size regardless of receiver size?
or F250 2 1/2" F350= 3". Note big word 'assume'...
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
I installed the rear ones from my 2012, the mounts for the 2012 had a bend in them so they point backwards on the new truck but it works fine.

The receiver is larger(3"), but the cross tubing is the same size but it is now straight across instead of angling forwards.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB