cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torklift fixed my problem with amazing customer service!

Troyby
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 chevy 3500 dually chassis cab that I wanted to put a superhitch on to pull my 25' enclosed snowmobile/car hauler behind a new camper I was getting. The camper is a Host Cascade and I was going to need a 42" extension to clear it.
I made 3 phone calls to Torklift and finally found out that they don't make a hitch for the 2013 chevy Chassis cab. They said they could custom make one for me but it would take 2 days and the cost was $1600.00. I would have to drive there from Salt Lake City and stay two days. That was more than I was willing to spend and the time would have put me in a bind to pick up my camper. I decided to have a hitch made locally.
On Thursday afternoon I received a call on my cell phone from Johnny at Torklift. He explained that he heard about my issue and the negative experience I had with Torklift customer service ( they do monitor this forum) and he wanted to see if it was possible to make it right. I just happened to be on my way to Portland to pick up my new camper. Johnny said they were located in Kent Wa and if I could get there they would build a hitch for me. I was at least three hours away and he said they would wait for me. To Be Continued...
22 REPLIES 22

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
I have deleted post that were Off Topic. Perhaps the thread can continue on Topic.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
A ‘Happy or a not-so-happy outcome’ is just that, and personally, whether good or bad, I much prefer to know about a vendors reputation.... If someone else has a ‘different experience than the OP’ (or some nefarious purpose...), a courtesy to the larger audience suggest that they simply start their own thread...In this way, members can then ‘choose’ to either tune in or tune out, and draw their own conclusions ....Problem Solved...

Respectfully,
3 tons

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
I read the first post, then a couple more then bailed on the thread as it grew. It seems more and more on forums that people are trying to pull others down or make themselves something special - really too bad as actual discussion is dying.

I am glad the OP got what he wanted, I am happy to hear that Torklift helped him. I have also had dealings with Torklift and was VERY impressed. The only thing that upsets me is that I now have a van and Torklift does not offer a lot for vans.

Many of the suppliers in the van world are HORRIBLE!!! They only take a interest in you to get your money, once they get the money you will not hear from them again unless they think they can get more money. Warranty and standing behind their product is non existent, helpful advice only comes before a purchase then it is gone. We need to support the suppliers that do help. When I bought my Torklift steps for my TCer I had a question that was out of the norm. I called and had a great talk with someone there about what I could do and they even offered to send me a part to make it work - which I refused as I came up with another idea that worked. It was great to have this interaction.

Instead of trying to cause issues lets get back to what this forum is about, enjoying our RV's and helping others to do the same with friendly helpful advice!

Red emphasis by Moderator.

Wayne
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
Service is only as good as the person you talk to. Sometimes these people are new or inexperienced. Sometimes these people are dealing with personal issues (i.e. deaths, family problems, finances, etc.)that may hamper their ability that day. These are not excuses but facts. It is unrealistic to believe that every person every day performs at 100%. It is also unrealistic to believe that a business can staff to the point that they can answer every call every time the phone rings.
I would classify this as good service based on Johnny's actions. It appears that Johnny saw or was made aware of a customers concern and followed thru providing good service and a happy customer.
I can also imagine that Johnny used this as a learning moment for the inexperienced sales person. What a world it would be if we all knew everything about our jobs the day we started:):):)

Troyby
Explorer
Explorer
Hahahaha, Well that got sidetracked fast. Please let me explain a few things.
First, I made two separate posts because it was two separate topics.

Second, I was not asked or coerced to post this. I wanted to let everyone know about how Torklift monitors this forum for the purpose of finding out when these situations happen so they can correct them. I also wanted everyone to know that they do care about "getting it right"

Third, Johnny explained to me in detail everything that happened when I originally called, from the overloaded phones to an inexperienced sales person on the phone. Obviously they can't have the guys who know all the answers getting the phones because they are making hitches.

Last, Torklift is extremely busy because of the awesome products the produce. As I noted by the line of people to get in before the doors even opened. But they are still committed to good customer service. That's why they monitor the forums.

Bedlam
3 tons was so excited, he posted twice. I don't think he can contain his enthusiasm...

Torklift is not typically what you find in the RV industry, so this understandable.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
mike/kellie said:

“On topic (this one) I think it's commendable for a company to build a 0ne-off part (who else has a 3500 cab/chassis needing a 42" extension) during off hours for less than 65% of previously quoted price. I would support this company if I had only heard this one story, and I do! “

‘Hear, Hear’ A Resounding BINGO !!

3 tons

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Problem is, Wayne, this is not "amazing customer service."

Amazing customer service would have resulted in a sale first time out. Amazing customer service would not have required a complaint thread on this forum. Amazing customer service would not require them to "make things right."

I got nothing but good to say about Torklift products, and I've never had need to work with their customer service, their stuff is so good.

My question to the OP is, aside from fast-tracking you a hitch at a heavily discounted price, did they indicate that they would be making any changes to their customer service so as to not off-put another potential customer in the future?

I just went back and reviewed the original thread, and the main complaint was price, and time to install... 'Nuff said.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
"Torklift fixed my problem with amazing customer service! " is the topic. Lets get back to the topic.

We all can took our horn on our greatness, but as it has been stated it wears thin and quickly looses creditability if posted on every thread.

Wayne

1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
When money-saving tips might be tiresome for some, it looks more and more like we are dealing with organized promotion on this forum.
Some members evidently work hard so you spend your hard-earned money on certain products and certain companies.

With due respect to all, elevating the discourse is the far more harmonious approach, and makes for far happier campers, JMHO

3 tons

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
When money-saving tips might be tiresome for some, it looks more and more like we are dealing with organized promotion on this forum.
Some members evidently work hard so you spend your hard-earned money on certain products and certain companies.

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
3 tons wrote:
Kayteg1 wrote:
Well... RV.net forum member getting freebies from TL for posting advertisement is nothing new here, so I have to ask.
How much was it?

If you have an axe to grind with Torklift, instead of disparaging another forum member’s reputation why not just ‘man up’ and take it up with them - JMO

3 tons
I am hesitant in posting this, and will probably delete further post questing the motive of the OP's post. I think it was a fair question and it received a fair answer. Nothing to argue about there. I am sure the service has been well received by many RV.NET members. 3 tons post is also worth considering.

Wayne

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Well... RV.net forum member getting freebies from TL for posting advertisement is nothing new here, so I have to ask.
How much was it?

If you have an axe to grind with Torklift, instead of disparaging another forum member’s reputation why not just ‘man up’ and take it up with them - JMO

3 tons

DWeikert
Explorer II
Explorer II
While Torklift products may seem expensive, when this is the kind of support you get they're worth every penny, IMHO.

I've had them reply to an email on a Sunday afternoon to help me with a problem.
Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer