cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

To make the bed or to not make the bed

frisbeekev
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious what folks do when they return from a trip. Do you remake the beds immediately after you clean the sheets so it is ready to go next time out, or do you just remake the beds as you prepare to leave for a trip.
30 REPLIES 30

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
We keep it made but do not wash the sheets after every weekend. We usually wash them after a few trips so maybe once a month. They get put back out and the bed is made before we leave again. Towels and clothes are washed when we get home and put back in the camper as soon as they are folded.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kittykath wrote:
If I don't make the bed each morning, I tend to lose things in the bedding.

Like you significant other ???

What else is in bed with you to lose ?

Kittykath
Explorer
Explorer
If I don't make the bed each morning, I tend to lose things in the bedding.

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
When I come home, like the others, I strip the bed, wash the linen, and then put the clean, folded linen in a cupboard in my house. I usually don't make the bed till I am setting up at the campsite.

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
We scrub everything and make ready for next trip. All I need is to close the valves, check the air, put in some groceries & water and hook on.

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
After washing everything, we make the bed so itโ€™s ready for the next adventure. The bed is also made everyday while weโ€™re on an adventure.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

wrvond
Explorer
Explorer
Our camper is always on. I have water, sewer, and power here at home. In fact, I'm in the camper right now. You never know when a nap might be called for, so the bed is always ready to go. As is the 'fridge, television, computer, etc.
2022 Keystone Cougar 24RDS
2017 F350 Lariat 6.7L DRW

RV_daytrader
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
This is ours...in our slide. As you can see, it's always made like others have posted.

hmmmmm....nice for the ladies, but I'd rather sleep here!
YODA...our lil Toyota!
1989 Toyota Seabreeze

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
My wife is compulsive about making the bed. Even if it is unmade when it is time for bed, she will make it then go to bed. Usually I am first up so the bed is made as soon as she get up.

We change sheets when they need changing. After 52 years of marriage I quit guessing on that one. It is not my job. ๐Ÿ™‚
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Every bed in our trailer has spare bedding sets. A very good idea if you have little kids as they are Master Mess Makers. The beds are always made. We take home whatever needs to be wash and add it back to the inventory on the next trip.

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II
Who Cares? If you don't like my unmade bed your are welcome to stay outside and not see it.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
downtheroad wrote:
This is ours...in our slide. As you can see, it's always made like others have posted.

Wow, I can see why the A.Fox models are so heavy. :B

Atlee
Explorer
Explorer
We keep ours ready to go. However, we do not have regular sheets, etc. We have a red/maroonish sheet covering the entire 10" foam mattress. On top of that we sleep in two zipped together fleece sleeping bags during the warmer weather. When the weather turns cold (for DW that is) we zip together two regular sleeping bags.

On top of this we put a VT blanket, our VT pillows, our Koala's from our last trailer which was a Skyline Koala, plus a stuffed Dachshund to take the place our dog who passed away.

Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
We strip our bed clothes and after washing and drying my Wife makes the bed for the next trip. Sometimes I go alone and take pebbles with me, The wife says I cannot make a bed properly :):)
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game