cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The three of us...,

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Last weekend we packed up the TC and went and visited old friends (introduced my wife and I to each other 34 years ago) in Eastern Ohio.

Took Amy and the dog and the dog is 108 pounds, half chow, half lab. Was a bit concerned about him getting into and out of the camper because on my lifted 350 Ford, the back door is almost 36" from the ground but, the TL Glow Step Revolutions not only work well for us, but the pup too.

Only issue we had was the fact that he takes up most of the available floor space in the camper at night so that 2am potty trip can be an adventure.

Other than that, had a good time and he was very territorial about 'his camper'. Glad we were in their driveway. He'd never work in a campground. If someone came in our camp space, he'd probably chomp them.

...and yes, he snores......:B
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB
3 REPLIES 3

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
mat60 wrote:
Any room in the bed for him. It would help with the floor space. LOL Glad you had a good time. Im sorry but I cant stop laughing about your snoring dog.

He does other things too. Amazing that dog food smells like cabbage in the middle of the night. Not good cabbage either....:B

I knew it was bad when I could smell it over my CPAP machine... and Amy was trying to hide under the comforter.

Was a fun trip all in all and a good 'shakedown' trip for him. I've never taken him along before, we usually get the neighbors to watch him but we said what the heck, lets take him too. Very attached to us and leaving him home always has a detrimental effect on him. Takes him weeks to settle down when we come home.

Has the entire back seat of the truck to himself anyway. He will be a regular participant now, just no campgrounds and I'm not sure a campground would allow such a large dog in anyway. He ain't no minature poodle.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
Any room in the bed for him. It would help with the floor space. LOL Glad you had a good time. Im sorry but I cant stop laughing about your snoring dog.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
As the old saying goes - bad day/night of camping is better than best day of working 😉
My dogs did not like glow steps on my basement model till I made modification making the top step level with my bumper.
So does the DW.
I made a topic about it what the big difference small setup change can do.