cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That settles that.

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
A popup seen this morning on the Ford Super Duty website. At the same time GM is offering 0% financing on HD trucks if you take delivery by 7-5-22. Now if you could only find the Unicorn. GM is not taking retail orders either.

"Due to high demand, the current model year is no longer available for retail order. Limited inventory may be available at selected dealers. Contact your dealer for more information."

Limited inventory indeed, at prices that include a "market adjustment somewhere in the clouds above sticker.

It will be interesting to see if they can still claim "due to high demand" on any disclaimers in 4 to 6 months the way this economic senility crapshow is going. Housing starts and new building permits being issued are dropping like rocks, which always is the snowball that starts rolling down the hill, and no time in history has that ended well. Buckle up.
I have a burn barrel in my yard.
6 REPLIES 6

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
mkirsch wrote:
"no time in history has that ended well"

What do you mean? Literally EVERY time in history it has ended well. Market goes down, market comes back up even higher.

No time in history has a drop such as what is building up steam right now in housing starts and the issuance of building permits ended well. Clear enough? Didn't say anything about any markets which are just a part of the overall economy, which is tanking quite well.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
mkirsch wrote:

What do you mean? Literally EVERY time in history it has ended well. Market goes down, market comes back up even higher.

So true. Market downturns rarely last much more than a year or so. And new highs typical 2 years or so after that. My money has ridden thru a number of those in the last 40+ years.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
bucky wrote:
I'd be curious if GM will allow the sticker bump on their financing at 0%.
All of the previous manufacturers 0% sales programs had the caveat that you had to pay sticker, no discount.

So long as GM gets a cut of the amount over MSRP, why wouldn't they?
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:
All of the previous manufacturers 0% sales programs had the caveat that you had to pay sticker, no discount.

That'll probably be OK as long as it's bumped over sticker, which they all are at least around here and no negotiations, take it or leave it. A moot point however because no one has any in stock except for an occasional bottom end plastic work truck fleet model.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Puma 30RKSS