cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TC Fitted Cover

Bert_the_Welder
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a new TC coming and I'm thinking of getting one of those shaped/fitted covers. Giant tarp I've been using on the old one is a pain, has worn paint off the edges of the corner alum, the PVC center frame won't work on the new roof, and the tarps only last a season or two.

I had one that came with the current camper but it wasn't well made and was torn and worn after two seasons.

So anyone have one that's good quality and durable they like?

Probably end up build a barn for storing the TC, but in the meantime....

New TC is a NL 10-2LE.

Thanks for the help!
:h 1998 GMC 2500, 10.5 Okanagan, My better/smarter half, George and Finnegan(APBT), all I need.
26 REPLIES 26

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Just slightly off topic but I have used Sunshield tarps for years.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Bert_the_Welder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the sugestions, I'll look them up.
As for the tarp suggestions, like I said, done that. Standard blue tarp to super heavy, dense weave. Better and cheaper to go with the cheap then the expensive heavy duty and just replace every year. And white always seemed to not degrade from the UV's as bad as the blue and green. And again, the wearing off of the paint is why no tarp is going on the new one.
Tried the tennis balls and folded towels and pool noodles, neoprene rubber kneeling pads..... they just shift and fail.

I think if I wasn't eventually building a storage barn, I'd measure and have the local awning shop make one out of Sunbrella fabric. That stuff is tough. Most of the stock ones I've put a hand one feel like that weed barrier fabric just a bit thicker.

Warranty not covering the roof part of the cover???? That's a bad joke!
:h 1998 GMC 2500, 10.5 Okanagan, My better/smarter half, George and Finnegan(APBT), all I need.

zulu52
Explorer
Explorer
specta wrote:
zulu52 wrote:

I bought the same cover for my camper. It ripped up pretty badly after 2 1/2 years. I sent pictures to them and they promptly sent me a new cover for free. I would buy another one also.
Zulu

Glad to hear that. Not the part about it getting ripped up but that they took care of you.

That's HUGE these days.

There is a tag with a number on it. Mine was located in the middle of the front inside. To claim a warranty, you need that number. In my case, it had faded too much to read anymore. Luckily, my Wife had taken a picture of the tag when we got it and put it in her camper file.
She is clearly more organized than I am.

Zulu

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
I also bought a Goldline 6-7 yrs ago still looks like new, and I use it ALOT. Another thing I do (today) is before a snow, I have a 10x20 tarp I throw over the cover and pull it taught enough, so I hardly get any cavities (around A/C) and most of the snow slides off by itself. I started doing this after a few big sno's and the thaw/melt cycle would create big blocks of ice in the cavities created by the weight of the snow. I remove the tarp after the snow to let the cover breath. The cover is not 100% waterproof but close, it sheds most of the water. Makes a huge difference with black streaks, and it's good UV protection.

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
I used my Harbor Freight 25% coupon on this one: https://www.harborfreight.com/20-ft-x-30-ft-silver-black-extreme-duty-weather-resistant-tarp-57030.h...

I am hoping to get a couple seasons out of it, it is currently on the camper. This time around I put tennis balls over the sharp edges.
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

specta
Explorer
Explorer
zulu52 wrote:

I bought the same cover for my camper. It ripped up pretty badly after 2 1/2 years. I sent pictures to them and they promptly sent me a new cover for free. I would buy another one also.
Zulu

Glad to hear that. Not the part about it getting ripped up but that they took care of you.

That's HUGE these days.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

zulu52
Explorer
Explorer
specta wrote:
LINK, Classic Accessories Over Drive PolyPRO3 Deluxe Camper Cover

I bought this cover one year ago so this is only the second winter for it. It comes with a 3-year warranty.

I would buy it again.

Zulu

Geewizard
Explorer
Explorer
I bought this one and it has worked well for the past three winters. Waterproof, adjustable, etc.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sunnydaze-Decor-9-ft-x-12-ft-Reversible-Dark-Grey-Waterproof-Multi-Purpo...
2021 Winnebago Micro Minnie 1708FB
2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
300W solar, MPPT controller, LED lights
Xantrex Freedom X Inverter 3000W
2 Fullriver 105AH AGM batteries
Air Lift WirelessAIR and air bags
Hankook Dynapro ATM 10-ply tires

specta
Explorer
Explorer
LINK, Classic Accessories Over Drive PolyPRO3 Deluxe Camper Cover

I bought this cover one year ago so this is only the second winter for it. It comes with a 3-year warranty.

I would buy it again.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

Bradymydog
Explorer
Explorer
Brought a top of the line Goldline, ripped second season, roof not water proof, for me only works to keep exterior clean and UV protection.

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just got a Goldline cover. Have not even put it on yet. It appears to be much better quality than the โ€œother brandโ€ I have used previously.
I will post an update once I wash the camper and pout cover on.

Bill
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Try National Covers in San Diego County.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad