Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tankless Water heater

SLSAntigua
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

Anyone use a Tankless water heater? Just tore up my floor due to water damage and disconnected water heater to do so. My fear is that after I put it back in, it will die shortly afterwards. These 6 gallon water heaters are more expensive than a a 40 gallon home water heater.
Steve, DW, 2 DDs
2006 Starcraft Antigua 215SSO
2011 Chevy Silverado LT
Primus Brake, Reese WDH and sway control
6 REPLIES 6

SLSAntigua
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the posts! I was looking to install a gas/electric on demand system. not sure if the electric demands are the same if using it with LP gas. worse case is I just put the original water heater back but it is the original and 11 years old.
Steve, DW, 2 DDs
2006 Starcraft Antigua 215SSO
2011 Chevy Silverado LT
Primus Brake, Reese WDH and sway control

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
since we dry camp almost exclusively, i have no use for one.
and prefer a propane/electric fridge to an electric-only residential fridge.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ours was installed from the factory. I have used it with 30 amp hook up with no problems. I have not experiences low volume/pressure problems to make it work. It is set at a temp that is right at scalding temps, so with a slight adjustment of the handle, I get perfect water temps for as long as I want to stand there.

My only complaint with it is that I waste a lot of water waiting for the hot water to travel the distance from the heater to the manifold and then back to the shower. I usually turn on the water in the shower and then take off my clothes. By the time I get in the shower, the water is hot.

Highly recommend it.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

gheicher
Explorer
Explorer
The problem with electric Tankless (Flash) water heaters is that to have sufficient water flow at a high enough temperature it takes a really large power input. 30A service would most likely not be enough to do what you want the water heater to do and still use other appliances in your unit. My experience with a Bosch 1500 watt unit is the water is barely warm enough to wash your hands with a small flow and if you increase the flow the water keeps getting colder.

Oh yes, one in the home, especially when fired by LP or natural gas work great but they are pricey. They are particularly good in remote areas or in buildings where the need for hot water is sporadic.

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
The advantage of having toys. However, the same applies to home use as well. I have never installed one but a neighbor has one and loves it, in his home.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Just installed a 10 gallon water heater replacing one that was 11 years old. Gas/electric DSI for roughly 400 dollars. Too many bad reports about on demand heaters. Not for me.