cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step upgrade for my Arctic Fox

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
A while back I decided it was time to upgrade to some "real" steps for my 2010 AF 811.

I was using a little fold up step, plus the single OEM step that hangs below the bumper. I still remember slipping and falling, then landing on my back at Stovepipe Wells in April of 2011 and slicing open my knee.

My first upgrade was to remove the original step and attach a set of Torklift Glow steps the the original step brackets on the bumper.
That worked good, but I needed to remove the steps when traveling since there was no way to secure them in place.

Glowstep Installation

A few months later I discovered the Stow-n-go bracket, so I installed it.

Stow-n-Go bracket installation

A while after the bracket upgrade, then I added another step.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator
19 REPLIES 19

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Camper8251 wrote:
DB thanks for the great video and write up!

Just noticed you have on ORV 23DBS. How long have you had it?
I've been ORV shopping for a while now.

PS.. Since this is my thread, I will proceed to derail it further off the tracks :B :B :B
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
My wife prefers that kind of step and I like the flip down step that came attached to my Lance bumper..We will see who wins out on steps..

Good video!
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II
We installed the Stow'n go and Landing Gear this summer on our Northstar. Night and day difference.

@Deltabravo: In your video, it looks like your glowsteps need a lot of force to extend. If you have not done that before, you might try some oil or WD40 or something at _all_ the joints (I know, they are many). It makes the stairs much easier to retract and extend.
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

swines
Explorer
Explorer
I think your video is extremely useful. I added TorkLift Glowsteps to my 20 year old Bigfoot after installing a rear platform in place of the original bumper. Nice to see a different approach to adding camper steps. Thanks for the video.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Thx for the video DB. I enjoy seeing other peoples exploits into the DIY arena of RV ownership.
This forum would be boring without content like this.

Scott