cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SteadyFast install on Keystone 26RBI

bill-e
Explorer
Explorer
Brought my wife with me for a week over the Memorial Day holiday and I got constant complaining about the bounce in the camper. So I ordered a set of SteadyFast stabilizers knowing that they would help but not solve the issue with my flimsy leveling system.

Here's some quick shots I took with my phone. I just got home from a shooting weekend where I camped on asphalt and on that the stabilizers worked great.

The SteadyFast stabilizing system attaches to two of the stabilizers, one front and one rear. The front stabilizer has two bars attached to form front to back, side to side, and up and down stability. On the rear you only attach one bar which gives you side to side and up/down.

There are three clamping points in the system. Two for the front and one for the back. No tools are needed once the system is installed.

Here's a shot of the front stabilizer and SteadyFast foot and bars...the clamps are not shown.

Here you can see the first clamp which I placed under the stairs. It is easy to reach. This side of the camper has the gas line running down the frame I-Beam which partially covers the mounting surface. I had to use one of the included clamps which allowed only two screws in the I-Beam and a clamp for the rest. Worked well.

This next shot is again the front stabilizer but taken from the left side of the camper, basically right under the storage compartment which also has the stabilizer up/down switches.

Lastly, here's a shot of the rear stabilizer and the SteadyFast pad and bar.

The kit comes with everything you need including the drill bit. I had to drill a total of 14 holes including the holes in my pads to mount the SteadyFast feet. He also supplies some stickers reminding you to loosen the clamps before raising or lowering the levelers. I put one on my tongue jack and the open hatch where my remote leveler switches are.
Thanks,
Bill

'15 Keystone Cougar 26RBI and '15 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel
1 REPLY 1

sunshdw
Explorer
Explorer
Did it help the situation??

Side question, How does your Eco like pulling that Trailer??
2015 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 EcoDiesel Bighorn
2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB