cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something just didn't look right...

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
We have had the little Hi-Lo about a year now, just used it once last fall and covered it up until about a month ago. It has sit beside the carport for a couple of weeks, and every time I looked at the side of the trailer, something looked out of place. Finally, Sunday afternoon my SNL and I were checking things over and it dawned on me that the metal vent plate for the rear of the fridge was installed upside down. That allowed rain to run down the side of the trailer and into the vent fins and behind the fiberglass siding. I pulled it off today, cleaned off the old putty and installed it with the fins down. When I took the panel off, it had stock stickers on it indicating it was bought from Camping World. The trailer was traded in to a Camping World dealership and I am guessing they replaced the original vent. It looks more right now......
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"
3 REPLIES 3

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
I checked all around the framing and it was nice and dry, no sign of rot or mold. It has sit mostly covered with a tarp for almost a year, I think that helped a lot. I really should have noticed it earlier, looking at it every day, it finally registered with my brain.... I tell the grandkids I only have 3 brain cells left it takes me a while to catch on sometimes.....
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dave, you are probably way ahead of me on this, but maybe check to see that the wood framing around the fridge is still in good condition -- the water may have caused problems. I sure hope not! But in your damp climate, that is always an issue.

Where I live, if something leaks, we just wait a week and it dries out. The good news is that it is really dry in most of California. (Happy face.) The bad news is that the darn place keeps catching fire. (Sad face.)
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
quality workmanship