cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solar Clothes Dryer (pix)

ADK_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen similar drying racks available commercially, but I decided to make my own. It cost just a little over $10.00. It's made from three 5' sections of electrical conduit and two corner brackets. It secures to the trailer's bumper with "u" bolts and homemade wooden brackets made from scraps of 2 x 3.

11 REPLIES 11

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like the OP's design. I need to build one like that someday.

the_happiestcam
Explorer
Explorer
nineoaks2004 wrote:
AJBert wrote:
I just tie a line between a couple of trees, though my grandma had a fancy set up at her house. A couple of T post about 30 feet apart with three lines between them.

Fla. state parks as well as a lot of private CG's do not allow items tied to trees..I am not sure about the Corps CG's and some parks have no trees

One stay in Florida and I bought one of these.
Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

CG's we've been to

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
I bought this commercially available Bumper Mount RV Clothesline at Camping World 10 years ago and still use it every time we camp, wouldn't be without it. I did improve on the design by adding a rigid pole at the top to keep the assembly from pulling inward from the weight of clothes ...

... and added rubber tips to the mounting brackets to prevent shin abuse.

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
AJBert wrote:
I just tie a line between a couple of trees, though my grandma had a fancy set up at her house. A couple of T post about 30 feet apart with three lines between them.

Fla. state parks as well as a lot of private CG's do not allow items tied to trees..I am not sure about the Corps CG's and some parks have no trees
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

ADK_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
AJBert wrote:

I also generally tie a rope between trees. Can't get any more simple than that. One of our favorite campgrounds, however, prohibits tying ANYTHING to a tree. This clothes dryer is a great alternative.

AJBert
Explorer
Explorer

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
I made one very similar and it is now on the third RV it has always worked. I made mine so the two side poles come out of the base and then I roll the lines around the poles and stick them in the side bin. My bases stay on the bumper.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

texasclarks
Explorer
Explorer
Great clothes dryer. Thank you for sharing. I like that the line is actual string... Will have to make my own as this seems very useful. We usually hang towels out after a pool or lake swimming session and I like how easy this would be.
Posts are for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as endorsement or recommendations. YMMV!

Steven & Stacie, plus 2 ('02 & '07)
'04 Suburban 2500, Quad Seats, 8.1L, 3.73
'09 Rockwood 8313SS

Texas not just a State, but a State of mind!

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice!

Bethany_Carolin
Explorer
Explorer
WTG... love it 🙂

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
It will work at night too when the sun / solar is down. Always nice to see cheap workable ideas.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.