cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling With Escrow

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad

This new forum layout feels very foreign to me.  Another case of "If it ain't broke, break it".

I want to sell my travel trailer and it will probably be over $20K price so I want to avoid any scams or gotchas closing the deal.  I see that eBay and some others allow integration with escrow.com or other escrow services.  Is that the way to go?  I don't know how best to get good funds and insure that they take steps to complete the transfer and remove my name.  I see an escrow service as being worth the cost to not have a big financial mistake.  Do others have experience doing this?  Would you pay off the lien first to make the process smoother and less fees?  I have the funds to pay off the lien with no problems.

2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV
4 REPLIES 4

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III

Never heard of escrow services for something like this. And I’ve sold a lot of used vehicles and toys. 
Sell it like you sell anything else private party or is this the first time?  Or just go to your bank. They know how to it. 
And only one year with the camper?  Heck you just figured out how to drain the tanks and presumably back it up. 

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III

Simple, use your bank. Banks have all the safeguards in place to ensure the funds from the buyer make it to your account and many can also notarize title work etc. If there are any outstanding loans your bank will ensure they are paid off as well as part of a settlement. I think with a $20k TT your dealing with a local buyer so CG and FB marketplace might be better venues. Plenty of money transfer apps (Zelle, virtual wallet, Venmo etc). All these link to your bank account and you can verify funds in seconds. In person might also be a cash deal. Scams typically happen with a "virtual" buyer. For cars and RV's I like to deal in person. It's fine to communicate virtually, but when it comes time to exchanging money, do that with them standing there. Often I choose to do it at my bank. 

2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

On Edit, I said places like CG to list to sell (I have campgrounds on the brain as I am making some reservations) I mean CL - Craiglist. It's where I've sold my lat 2 cars and an RV. 

2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Thanks for clarifying that.  I thought you meant Craigslist and since it and Facebook are still free I plan on using them.  If that doesn't generate a buyer then I may consider using eBay, RV Trader (more expensive) or other solutions.  I'm also going to look for other possible avenues. 

2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV