cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sailun tires on tow vehicle

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Silverado dually is in need of new tires. Since everyone is raving about using Sailun brand tires on their trailers, I'm wondering if anyone is using them on their truck? If so what are the results?

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
14 REPLIES 14

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
TerraMax A/T 4s looks like a good tire. However I just put on GY Adventure All Terrain.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would pass on these for the Tow Truck. As a matter of fact I would even pass on these china made tires for the camper.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
jmckelvy wrote:
Made in China. May be OK tires but I will wait and see.

Local Firestone dealer has them for passenger cars. Made in Vietnam
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

kevden
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought 4 used but nearly new studded sailun snow tires for my chrysler pacifica. They have only been on for a few weeks, but so far they are great. Quieter than other brands of studded snows I have had. They corner/handle better on than the Yokahama summer tires they replaced, but the yokahamas were completely worn.
2012 Keystone Outback 312bh

2003 GMC Yukon XL 2500 4X4 Quadrasteer

2010 VW Routan
2007 Chrysler Pacifica AWD

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
What size?
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
falconbrother wrote:
My rule use to be only American made tires. But, these days they are real hard to find. For RV related I do try to stay with tires that have a history of reliability.

For trailers, the Sailun S637 is pretty tough to beat. I have zero complaints with mine 3 years in on a 16k lbs fiver and I have yet to read anything negative about them.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
My rule use to be only American made tires. But, these days they are real hard to find. For RV related I do try to stay with tires that have a history of reliability.

neil57
Explorer
Explorer
Had a pair of sailuns on steer axle of fl60 frieghtliner and removed them after 30k because of uneven wear and steering wheel shake. Yes they were balanced, twice in fact. Replaced with Michelin XZA and smooth as a limo now. Ya get what you pay for in my opinion.
2009 2500HD Sierra CC DA
2014 Crossroads Cruiser 35ss

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
Made in China. May be OK tires but I will wait and see.
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
blt2ski wrote:
Terryallan wrote:
B.O. Plenty wrote:
My Silverado dually is in need of new tires. Since everyone is raving about using Sailun brand tires on their trailers, I'm wondering if anyone is using them on their truck? If so what are the results?

B.O.

I don't know about the tire you speak of. However, Are those tire rated for trucks, or are they just rated for trailers. Trailer tires don't transfer to truck tires. They are made completely different.

If you would do a search, you would see Sailun makes many types and styles of tires. From cars, the light duty trucks, to heavy duty to trailer tries.

http://www.gosailun.com/

Marty

that's why I asked
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

blt2ski
Terryallan wrote:
B.O. Plenty wrote:

B.O.

I don't know about the tire you speak of. However, Are those tire rated for trucks, or are they just rated for trailers. Trailer tires don't transfer to truck tires. They are made completely different.

If you would do a search, you would see Sailun makes many types and styles of tires. From cars, the light duty trucks, to heavy duty to trailer tries.

http://www.gosailun.com/

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
B.O. Plenty wrote:

B.O.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Pauljdav
Explorer
Explorer
I waited until the firestone transforce went on sale. So far I'm very happy with them.

austingta
Explorer
Explorer
sub'd
Frank Brooks Austin TX
2018 F 150 King Ranch max tow package with 3.55 gears
Published towing weight limit 13200
Payload per sticker 1464