cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sailun tires for the TV

garysol
Explorer
Explorer
So by now we are really familiar with how well the Sailun brand tires do on our trailers. I towed with them for years with great results. Has anyone used them on their tow vehicle? They have a LT275/70r18 tire called a Terramax HLT that looks like a bargain if they are as good as the trailer tires.
2020 GMC Canyon
2022 NoBo 19.2
9 REPLIES 9

danrclem
Explorer
Explorer
I just priced 4 Terramax A/T tires for $572 out the door. The dealer has an A+ BBB rating. I priced the same tires at another dealer and they want $854 OTD.

Anybody ever run the Terramax A/T? The reason I'm thinking about them is that I cut firewood and am offroad some.

Both the A/T and the HTL are rated for 50,000 miles.

garysol
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replyโ€™s. Looks like I found my next tire.
2020 GMC Canyon
2022 NoBo 19.2

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
RoyF wrote:
The Sailun G that I used on my fifth-wheel for almost 60,000 miles was an LT tire but it was marked "for trailer use only". I never understood why.
I believe the issue was tariff-driven. My Sailun tires were marked the same.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
The Sailun G that I used on my fifth-wheel for almost 60,000 miles was an LT tire but it was marked "for trailer use only". I never understood why.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Sailun until they blow....
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have Sailuns on the fiver but not on the truck. However, the shop foreman at the commercial trailer outfit (as in everything up to semis) had Sailun LTs on his truck. Said he really like them and they were lasting a crazy long time.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Sportsmen
Explorer
Explorer
garysol wrote:
So by now we are really familiar with how well the Sailun brand tires do on our trailers. I towed with them for years with great results. Has anyone used them on their tow vehicle? They have a LT275/70r18 tire called a Terramax HLT that looks like a bargain if they are as good as the trailer tires.

I have Sailun LT275/65R/18s on my 2016 F250 when I bought the truck. Good tires, I would buy them next time around
2016 Jayco Jay Flight 27BHS 6210 empty, 8200 GVW
2016 F250 CC 6.2L(gas) 3:73 diff (3157lb. payload)

MrRetired821
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought 6 of the Sailun Terramax HLT size LT235 80R 17. Ordered them thru Walmart.com for around $100.00 each. WalMart mounted and balanced them for about $120.00.
I haven't driven the Dodge dually very much since getting them but right away I noticed how much quieter they were, plus smooth. Time will tell how they will hold up.
Right after I got mine, I saw that WalMart went up in price for them.
Smokey&Bobbye

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
On one of the haulers forums I frequent we have one operator who uses 17.5" S637 Sailuns on his GN trailers and Sailun on his trucks and swear by them. I have no idea what line of Sailun LT he runs on his trucks which is important.
There may be some on the forum who use that same tire/size but also do a google or you tubes on the same tire line.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides