cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Queen mattress

1Longbow
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone change out their Rv mattress? What brand did you select,and how do you like it. Ours is just terrible . Thank you
19 REPLIES 19

whjco
Explorer
Explorer
1Longbow wrote:
Anyone change out their Rv mattress? What brand did you select,and how do you like it. Ours is just terrible . Thank you

We bought a Brooklyn Memory Foam Mattress. Great price and the bed in the RV sleeps as good as the Tempur Pedic we have in the house! I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.
Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.

BillB3857
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Sleep Number that we have used in two different 5th wheels. When we traded the first one, we told the dealer we wanted to keep our Sleep Number. No problem for them. They just took the mattress out of the new trailer and the switch was made. We also have a Sleep Number at home and love both.
2004 Silverado LB7 D/A CC LB DRW 4x4, Firestone RideRites, Air Lift Compressor, Line-X Bed Liner, Retrax Bed Cover, Backup Cam, Pullrite Super 5th Hitch, Rear View Cam
AstroStart 2205A Remote Start
2014 Keystone Outback 5th Wheel
Trail-Air Pin Box

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
we put a regualr matrice in from costco. it hangs about 4" over the end of the board but ythere is still lots of room to walk around the bed so it works for me.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

APT
Explorer
Explorer
We used a 3" memory foam topper for 10 yrs on the factory mattress. LAst summer we replaced it with a full memory foam mattress from Costco in RV "short Queen" size. As mentioned already, one benefit of foam mattresses are the easy to custom cut to size. For the fitted sheets, we just tuck any excess underneath the mattress.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

Partsbob
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for the Zinus from Amazon, on our 2nd RV with the same one we first purchased over 2 years ago, plus we bought a thicker (8โ€) for our Master at home soon afterward! I am 72 and love them both, being the Deluxe models with premium covers, so no exposed foam.
2015 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 32BR
2019 Heartland North Trail 27RBDS UltraLite Caliber Edition (previous)
2018 Starcraft Satellite 17RB (previous)
2012 Jayco Swift 154BH (previous)

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
d1h wrote:
Another option is to get a thick memory foam topper and place it on top of your existing mattress. Makes a world of difference and also a lot cheaper.

That made a big difference for us.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

d1h
Nomad II
Nomad II
Another option is to get a thick memory foam topper and place it on top of your existing mattress. Makes a world of difference and also a lot cheaper.

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lots of people like memory foam mattresses in their RV's. We tried that and it was too soft, we both woke up with sore backs. Tried for multiple nights. Had to return it. We are both average weight for our ages and found the memory foam to just give under our weight and become very uncomfortable after a night or two.

Whatever you do, make sure it has a 30 or 60 day sleep guarantee and can be returned or donated for full refund. We went with Mattress Insider only because of the return guarantee. Made in America, and they were great to work with. We ended up with a different mattress they make that is much firmer than the standard memory foam mattress.

liamricci
Explorer
Explorer
We have Zinus Deluxe Memory Foam 8 Inch RV for about two years now. Very happy with our choice.
Found it here - https://mattressive.com/rv-mattresses/. I think we never had a better mattress before.

eend
Explorer
Explorer
We had an original, terrible mattress in our airstream, I switched it out to a Zinus from Amazon, had to cut it to size and used an electric knife, which worked awesome and mattress slept awesome.
I will be getting another one for our new to us Arctic Fox.
2019 VW Tiguan
2015 F150 ecoboost
2013 Arctic Fox 22G
1971 Boler 1300

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™ll second the Amazon Zinus. Available in a few thicknesses in a RV/short queen.
Liked it enough that I bought Zinus in twin bed size (& their metal folding frames) for out spare/grandkidsโ€™ bedroom.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is what we bought. The wife likes it, and that is what matters.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079YYQNDB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We switched ours out after almost 10 years of use (it was a good one) for a Montana Hybrid RV King from Wilderness RV Mattress

They carry specific sizes and will have a Queen to fit your rv space.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Get a proper mattress at a mattress store that often can make it for you. The foam stuff is fine for you in your 30's but us older types have back issues and need proper support. Also if you use your unit as home for more than 3 weeks a year your mattress becomes far more important. We are in our TT 5 1/2 to 6 months a year and believe me sleeping properly becomes important.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.