cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roof Replacement

dougster
Explorer
Explorer
My roof has water damage. While stored beside my house, some water has slowing leaked into the roof over time. Damage seems minor, except for the interior plastic that is glued to the ceiling. This plastic has peeled over time. I am wondering if I will have to replace the whole roof. I have never found the leak, and at one point I had the whole roof re-caulked by an RV dealer/repair. I have camped in some pretty serious rainstorms with no sign of any leaks, but when stored over winter, water gets in just enough to loosen the interior.
Any suggestions or advice?
Doug, Peggy, 2 kids and a dog
Starcraft 2406
Pathfinder 4x4 V8
3 REPLIES 3

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Doug, are you talking about the popup tent trailer in your sig? If so does do you know if the dealer removed and sealed the marker lights? Also are you making sure that the interior is dry before you store it away?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
The only way to tell is to open the area and see.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

USAFBILL
Explorer
Explorer
I would have a pressure leak performed on it first. The test will show any and all leaks then you can determine just what your dealing with. The test at a dealer used to cost $100.00 to $150.00 but that was many years ago. Probably there are a You Tube that would show you how to perform the test your self..good luck
2003 Cougar 285EFS
2000 Chev 2500 Ex Cab