cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Revolution Sewer Hose fit in bumper?

jakes29
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone running the Revolution sewer hose kit? Mine won't fit in my bumper for storage and was wondering if anyone has modified it to make it fit. I believe it's a standard 4" hollow bumper and the fittings on the hose are larger. Although, I haven't had much time to mess with since the TT is back to the dealership after our initial shake down trip. It's a 2018 Kodiak 285bhsl. TIA!
2018 Dutchman Kodiak Ultra Lite 285BHSL
14 REPLIES 14

NascarBobnBeth
Explorer
Explorer
i use the 5inch fence post also, i can put 40 feet of hose in it

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ron3rd wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I would never put my sewer hose in the bumper. Learned that long ago.

The water rusts the inside of the bumper out and then you have sandpaper rubbing on the hose every time you put it in and take it out.
+1 bumper is fine for the original hose gifted by the selling dealer but when I bought a nice hose I went with the 5" vinyl fence post holder. Always smooth and clean.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
jakes29 wrote:

I can't see your picture but I think I have seen similar. I will keep that in mind, thanks!

1. Go to "My Forums" in the upper right under your name.

2. Click on "My Preferences" in the light blue bar on the left under "My Forums".

3. Make sure the box is checked in front of "Show images that are part of posts ( not recommended for dial-up users )".

4. Go to bottom of page and click on "Submit Changes".
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

jakes29
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
Here is what I made to to carry my hoses. Vinyl fence posts with Gutters and end caps from Lowes. Fastened to trailer frame with metal straps.
Has worked flawlessly for the past several years. Made two extras for my two sons trailers
Barney

I can't see your picture but I think I have seen similar. I will keep that in mind, thanks!

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here is what I made to to carry my hoses. Vinyl fence posts with Gutters and end caps from Lowes. Fastened to trailer frame with metal straps.
Has worked flawlessly for the past several years. Made two extras for my two sons trailers
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Ron3rd wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I would never put my sewer hose in the bumper. Learned that long ago.

The water rusts the inside of the bumper out and then you have sandpaper rubbing on the hose every time you put it in and take it out.

I learned this the hard way with our first TT.
Like many others, I turned a vinyl fence post into a stinky slinky holder.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

jakes29
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
Isn't the revolution the same basic hose as the Rhino with 4 locking nipples that connect it ? Don't those connectors fit the corners of the square tube carrier if you line them up ?
In the standard 4" square sewer carrier , it only fits one way AFAIK .

They probably do, I haven't had the trailer back yet to mess with it too much. Thought I'd see what others have done. Thanks for your input.

jakes29
Explorer
Explorer
Ron3rd wrote:

good to know, thanks

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I had to file off a couple of the pins from my Rino. All I needed was the hooks. I do not know why the other bumps were on there. It is a very tight fit in my bumper.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Isn't the revolution the same basic hose as the Rhino with 4 locking nipples that connect it ? Don't those connectors fit the corners of the square tube carrier if you line them up ?
In the standard 4" square sewer carrier , it only fits one way AFAIK .

jakes29
Explorer
Explorer
Iraqvet05 wrote:
I have the Revolution hose and it fits in my Jayco bumper. The ears have to be diagonally but it barely fits.

I haven't had much time to mess with it. Upon our first dump station trip, I tried sticking in the bumper and it didn't go right in. May fit if I turn it the right way like you say. Thank you for the info.

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm using the Rhinoflex which has very similar fittings, I use this carrier to hold the hose. Still have to take the sewer flange adapter off but IMHO it's much better than storing it in the bumper.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Revolution hose and it fits in my Jayco bumper. The ears have to be diagonally but it barely fits.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran