cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replaced the mattress in our Host

1handyhubby
Explorer
Explorer
We're getting a new bed tomorrow so we decided to replace the crappy stock mattress they put in our Host Mammoth with our old mattress. My thanks to the person who suggested using cargo straps. We still had a hell of a time getting it in and of course when I got stuck my son had to take a picture before helping me out. Kids!

https://goo.gl/photos/xXM5vYRRVXxfepCM7
2001 F350 Lariat V10 DRW 4x4,4.30 rear, Rancho 9000's,
Ride Rite air bags w/onboard compressor, Tork Lifts, Fastguns,
2013 Host Mammoth Happy Happy Wife!
5 REPLIES 5

Powerdude
Explorer
Explorer
That picture was hilarious.
2016 F250 CCSB 4x4 6.2L
2001 Lance 820

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'd say you did pretty good considering. I not so fondly remember my Lance mattress. It tried to get the best of me but sweating like a pig, I bested it and got it out. I used tarp straps. No way it was coming out without a fight anyway.

The mattress in my new camper is actually comfortable. The one in the lance was horrible, had a flat spot in it. Replaced it with one from Costco if I remember correctly. In was just as bad as out was.

What needs to be invented is a 2 piece camper mattress. Would make life easier (and less sweaty).
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Old_Islander
Explorer
Explorer
LOL...!

Very interesting... We're going to have to replace the original mattress in our 2006 Okanagan... My poor suffering wife has a bad back and the original gives her fits. I guess we're going to a medium density foam. It will -- hopefully -- be easier to bend around those corners.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sick of these kids taking pictures of our...foibles, goofs etc.!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
A picture! Priceless! Glad it worked out so well.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel