Explorer
Tesla Fan Bois vs the Ram Cult

Fiire at will! :B

Tesla Benchmarking Ram TRX
37 REPLIES 37

ronbiel
Explorer
Explorer
I would choose the TRX. I don't like the styling of Crybertruck.

Bedlam
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
But my brother, a software engineer, became an investor in Tesla when he heard him explain how they developed the computer for self driving vehicles -- from scratch since there is nothing out there yet at that time.

My brother also concluded that Tesla's vault of value that they have not monetized yet is their enormous accumulated info of global driving data base.

Self driving still has way to go. This was from the past weekend:

On Saturday, a deputy responded to a collision in the 25200 block of 103rd Ave NE where a vehicle sheared a power pole in half. The deputy parked on the shoulder on the road, with his emergency lights flashing, and exited his vehicle to speak with the Fire units on scene. Approximately 30 seconds later, a Tesla in โ€œautopilotโ€ mode, struck the deputy's vehicle causing significant damage. Thankfully, there were no injuries from this collision. This is a great reminder that vehicles may have autopilot to assist, but it cannot be relied upon to get you safely from one destination to the next.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

GWolfe
Explorer
Explorer
My boss just got a gray TRX. Its a nice truck, sounds great and is very fast but other than that it looks like a Rebel. They are obviously different when parked next to each other but on its own it looks like any other Ram. He had a Raptor before it and at least you could tell it was a different animal looking at it.
2005 Sun-Lite Eagle
2011 Silverado

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
My friends new buddy for his Charger Hellcat.

I saw one a couple of months ago that went past me in the neighborhood and I almost didn't notice it. The rear end differential is what caught my eye to take a double look. It's almost a sleeper in that it doesn't stand out much from a Rebel.

Next time just roll down your window. It is very easy to tell that way.;)
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
mich800 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Bionic Man wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Saw my first TRX two weeks ago at the lake. I like that one, but man I REALLY like that blue. It is very tempting.

He tried to buy a white one. They would not budge over $1,300. I thought it was bland looking.

He drove from DFW, TX to Kansas to pick it up. I thought no he paid 95k then TX tax on top.

They had one near Palm Springs, CA for 120k and guaranteed they would get it.

The big downside to the TRX is it is so thirsty. You can get really good fuel economy in a hellcat if you want to. Much more difficult in the TRX. But I am guessing most that purchase the TRX will not be daily driving them.

I also think the TRX has a much nicer ride than the Raptor. Plus, that exhaust note makes it a winner in my book.

At 100k I don't think fuel economy was at the top of the list of his concerns. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:

But I am guessing most that purchase the TRX will not be daily driving them.

Just displaying it in the driveway to make the neighbours envious?:B

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Bionic Man wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Saw my first TRX two weeks ago at the lake. I like that one, but man I REALLY like that blue. It is very tempting.

He tried to buy a white one. They would not budge over $1,300. I thought it was bland looking.

He drove from DFW, TX to Kansas to pick it up. I thought no he paid 95k then TX tax on top.

The big downside to the TRX is it is so thirsty. You can get really good fuel economy in a hellcat if you want to. Much more difficult in the TRX. But I am guessing most that purchase the TRX will not be daily driving them.

I also think the TRX has a much nicer ride than the Raptor. Plus, that exhaust note makes it a winner in my book.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bionic Man wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Hold on.... I need a moment to wipe the drool off my chin and uhh....ahem....go take care of business!

I have ridden in the Challenger with four adult men on board. NEVER have I experienced anything so fast. Rubber thru five gears then let off. It was INSANE.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:

I saw one a couple of months ago that went past me in the neighborhood and I almost didn't notice it. The rear end differential is what caught my eye to take a double look. It's almost a sleeper in that it doesn't stand out much from a Rebel.

Pretty sure I wouldn't be caught driving around with a Hellcat sticker on the side of a car and the Cybertruck looks like it took all of 15 minutes to design the exterior.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
That front end actually has some style and class to it. So many are just square blocks. It looks different than the one in the neighbourhood too. Maybe a model year thing.

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
....Nobody's perfect. Last picture I saw of him, he seemed to missing that halo. ๐Ÿ™‚

I also can't understand why they see Elon as next to god, lol.

But my brother, a software engineer, became an investor in Tesla when he heard him explain how they developed the computer for self driving vehicles -- from scratch since there is nothing out there yet at that time.

My brother also concluded that Tesla's vault of value that they have not monetized yet is their enormous accumulated info of global driving data base.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Hold on.... I need a moment to wipe the drool off my chin and uhh....ahem....go take care of business!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold