cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Radius shower

Rickyrocket
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a new travel trailer,the radius shower floor seems sketchy. It's raised about 6"and doesn't seem sturdy/strong enough to support a 250 lb. person. Did anyone else have this problem? Any thoughts on how to make it stronger?
6 REPLIES 6

Rickyrocket
Explorer
Explorer
Getting the dealer to fix it is a great idea.....but I don't have much faith in today's workforce. I owned a class a for about 16 years so I've done repairs/mods plenty of times. My travel trailer is new I'm working the bugs out myself so I know that it is right. Heck even the tech that installed the wdh screwed up...he showed me how to use it but it didn't really feel right,he put zip ties on the links for reference....one on the 8th one on the 9th ??

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you just bought it new, take it back to the dealer and tell them that the floor isn't acceptable under the shower. My 2015 Jayco 29QBS had a plywood floor under 2/3s of the shower pan. If you stood close to the wall, it flexed a LOT. I ignored it for a while, but the flexing eventually loosened the drain connection and flooded the undercarriage. Took it back to the dealer, had them dry out the floor, remove the shower pan, fix the floor for full support and its been great ever since then.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
I really enjoy the radius shower, I have the glass enclosure and the latch they use needs replacement. Can't locate one.
when my trailer was built they ran the heating duct ( silver tape slinky thing) and then installed the shower. The shower was shoved up against the duct rendering it worthless. Little if any air came out. I modified it myself but it only gave me heat in a limited area.
I know shower pan thread but as Paul Harvey would say" there's more to the story" good day.....:)

Rickyrocket
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea, thanks

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Good idea to shore up a floor that seems to give. Our Arctic Fox was like that and eventually the shower floor cracked under my 167# frame. I found that the shower had a nice raised plywood floor under it but they had set the whole thing on top of a drain pipe that ran across the back of it, which allowed the floor to flex. Morons. Took a $200 tub pan and 12 hours of my time to fix it.

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
Mine was that way too. There was an access panel at the front that I opened and shimmed some 2x4, 2x2, or whatever to take the flex out of the flimsy shower pan. That was a decade ago and I don't remember the actual items I used but the flimsy pan never cracked or leaked. That access also allowed me to tighten the shower drain PVC couplings that were not tight.
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi