cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSA Annoucement Regarding Spilled Beer.....

Cannon_George
Explorer
Explorer
PSA - Public Service Annoucement
I learned this by surprise, driving on rough dirt roads bad enough to upend the box containing beer and busting a can open will set off your propane detector!

Passing this tidbit along in case this ever happens to you. I can't imagine beer alochol vapor-in-air percentage ever reaching a stochimetric explosive point; but now you know the detectors are there to protect us! (At least, they provide warning of splilt beer!)
11 REPLIES 11

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
I mostly agree, I’ve always tried to avoid IPA, that is until my boy introduced me to Oregon based Deshutes Fuzz - I can’t say exactly why but very refreshing with a bold taste - now my ‘go to’ favorite 🙂

3 tons

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
If the detector were set to go off when the mix was stoichiometric, it would be too late. Any spark and BOOM!

That said NOBODY likes IPA. I've watched people take a sip. Their faces turn red and their cheeks bulge as they try to hold back the gag reflex. Their throats quiver and their eyes water as they force themselves to swallow. Only when it's safely contained in their stomach do they allow themselves to take a breath, exhaling with a boisterous "AHHHHH! DEEEE-LICIOUS!"

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
My daughters sneakers used to set it of also.and I also like Miller Light.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

Cannon_George
Explorer
Explorer
This particular beer was Miller Light. (watered down compared to many others) (I don't like IPAs or Stout, my preference would be Tetley's which as far as I know is only available near me on tap.) Boddington's would be next on the list but near impossible to find in cans for me....

The Propane gas detector did its job; for that I am thankfull! Hopefully I never hear it again!

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Flan wrote:
Man, what kind of cheap beer you drinkin there? ??

More than likely an Imperial IPA or Stout. 11 to 14 % alcohol some run 12-15 for a 4pak not cheap beer
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

greenno
Explorer
Explorer
Guess I need to keep the beer in the cab instead of the camper?
What could go wrong there?

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
3 tons wrote:
Flan wrote:

Bud Light??

LOL, Oh boy....... LOL

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Flan wrote:

Bud Light??

Flan
Explorer
Explorer
Heartland Prowler 27LX
19 Ram CTD 2500

daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
x2

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the heads up.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member