cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Propane hose...which one?

53model
Explorer
Explorer
Help! I have a 2008 Grey Wolf 28BH that I live in year round..I have the two small propane tanks at front of camper..I've purchased a 100 lb propane cylinder and need at least a four foot hose to connect it to the camper..I've called gas company, they're no help, called Camping World, they're no help...I've searched and heard about the stay awhile hose/connector...Does anyone have any idea if this is what I need???
8 REPLIES 8

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
I believe I bought this hose with out the valve locally.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/stay-longer-propane-adapter-kit/82583&utm_source=google&ut...

https://www.menards.com/main/heating-cooling/gas-kerosene-heaters/garage-heater-accessories/mr-heate...
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

realebill
Explorer
Explorer
after a squirrel chewed through my neighbors propane hose, i got a length of PVC pipe,cut it to size and slid it over the exposed portion of my propane hose to prevent the squirrels from chewing through mine.
2006 gmc sierra 1500,not used as TV
2008 rockwood 8315SS sig. ultralite
2004 carolina skiff J16
2 50cc retro mopeds

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
53model wrote:
Help! I have a 2008 Grey Wolf 28BH that I live in year round..I have the two small propane tanks at front of camper..I've purchased a 100 lb propane cylinder and need at least a four foot hose to connect it to the camper..I've called gas company, they're no help, called Camping World, they're no help...I've searched and heard about the stay awhile hose/connector...Does anyone have any idea if this is what I need???

I had a similar issue and the easiest / best solution FOR ME was to extend the black pipe 2 feet and use the original hose..

gjmosko
Explorer
Explorer
Go to MB Sturgis website. They will make you any hose you want for about what half a dealer would charge

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
A 100 lb cylinder will have a P.O.L connection, not the ACME quick connector. These are standard hoses, no need to have one special made.
-- Chris Bryant

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
The local propane dealer should have a service department that can make you a hose of the correct configuration.

x2 on this. Take your too-short hose with for backup and tell them you want one X many feet with the same ends.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
The local propane dealer should have a service department that can make you a hose of the correct configuration.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
I have two 100# tanks I use for the same thing.You can have your propane dealer make you a longer hose to replace one of the existing hoses on there now.If you don't go to long,you can still get it under the plastic cover(if you have one) and use it on the smaller tanks when your not using the larger tank..

When I was in Boise and needed one I had to call around to see who could make me one,there not cheap..
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04