cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Parallax 7100 fan stays on.

cotice
Explorer
Explorer
I have a parallax 7100 inverter and the cooling fans run all the time . Has anyone repaired one of these units. If I know were the heat thermal unit is I have a tech guy that can repair it .
6 REPLIES 6

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
thanx for coming back after two years, to provide an update.:)
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

cotice
Explorer
Explorer
I have changed it. Found out it was a toggle switch shorting out pulling power. Sold the unit last spring new owner got a good charging three stage system

cotice
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I just took every ones advice just change it out . With out a diagram no sense playing with it. Plus it is the bottom of the line unit. Thanks for you help.

cotice
Explorer
Explorer
I have . I hauled it out and I think I see the heat control sensor . If I can put a band aid on it I will look for a new one. I want to go out again next week. If I get the fix I will post the repair. The Fan will even stay on off the power from the solar panel with no battery and no 110 volt power on. Thanks

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
that's an old junk unit.
what hybrid has that converter?

call Best Converters for a good replacement.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
It stays on if it's hot. I would blow all the dust out of it (and check your battery too, does it need water, sides bulging?) but then, I would start looking for a better converter. That one is a single stage charger/converter that is hard on the batteries over the long haul. I destroyed a battery to learn this.
A progressive Dynamics will nicely in place of that one.