cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One more advantage of extended cabover on a regular cab PU

specta
Explorer
Explorer

The car's windshield is covered with frost and would need to be scraped off before driving.

But the windshield on the PU is frost free. 😉
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.
15 REPLIES 15

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody that says you can’t get six people in a regular cab just hasn’t found the right five to try it with. :W :C

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
specta wrote:

LINK to why I don't hear any wind noise - its called a stereo.

40 Years of marriage (coming this Sunday) did the same to me.
Those hearing aids are darn expensive.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
specta wrote:
noteven wrote:

Is yours quiet way back like that?

Its noteven quiet................ sorry 😉

I have my share of wind noise but I don't have anything to compare it to.

So did our old mega cab. So the longer cab theory is out the window! No pun intended, lol.

LOL

Nope, I never saw the post. 😞

LINK to why I don't hear any wind noise - its called a stereo.
Kenny

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
d3500ram wrote:
noteven wrote:

Do you remember Sleepy’s thread about designing a perforated air dam installed under the overhead- it eliminated the top of the doors wind noise and added a couple m’spg and kept the bugs off the front of the camper behind the cab.

I remember that one, unfortunately the image are no longer linked:
Sleepy's Air Dam

These seem to work for me.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/17575645/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
specta wrote:
noteven wrote:

So did our old mega cab. So the longer cab theory is out the window! No pun intended, lol.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
noteven wrote:

Do you remember Sleepy’s thread about designing a perforated air dam installed under the overhead- it eliminated the top of the doors wind noise and added a couple m’spg and kept the bugs off the front of the camper behind the cab.

I remember that one, unfortunately the image are no longer linked:
Sleepy's Air Dam
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
specta wrote:
noteven wrote:

:B

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Main purpose of owning RV for me is avoiding places where I can have frosty windshield.

Avoiding frost this time of the year is something I'll probably never get to do. :B
Kenny

specta
Explorer
Explorer
noteven wrote:

Kenny

specta
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
I had 6 people in my crewcab on a trip this year. You can’t really do that with a regular cab. 😉

That's one of the reasons I own a regular cab. That and all my friends own crew cabs.

An inch or two off the top is really no big deal.
Kenny

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I liked the shade it provided when driving.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
specta - I appear to do ever thing bass ackwards. I have a Ford Fordor 350 with a vintage Bigfoot east west bed. Most of my front doors stick out ahead of the camper overhead.

so my front winda will get frosty

BUT

annoying cross wind side wind angle wind messing with the cab aero's so the top of the doors have wind whistle air leaks racket?

Nope. Quiet.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Main purpose of owning RV for me is avoiding places where I can have frosty windshield.
On other hand, my truck had Super Cab, so the cabover was sticking up front quite a bit.
It hit me one time, when I drove the truck empty that dashboard was getting hot, regardless AC working very well.
It is one of those feeling that something is not right, or not as it used to be and took me a while to realize that without cabover the sun is warming up the dashboard way out of proportion to what I used to have.
Super Cab sits 6 comfortably, although I never had passenger heavier than 200 lb.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Funny. You give up a lot of space to keep the windshield clear. 😄 Fwiw, I had 6 people in my crewcab on a trip this year. You can’t really do that with a regular cab. 😉

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member