cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

OK Which new TT Keystone or Winnebago?

bailer6334
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to decide between a Keystone Cougar or a Winnebago. I have read on the internet both good and bad on both. Both are within $1000 of each, with similar floorplans.

So I'm looking for feedback from owners of both on the good & the bad, and how both manufacturers treated you on any warranty issues.

Thanks
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB
2016 Chevy 2500HD LT 6.6L DMAX 4WD
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
9 REPLIES 9

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you plan on boondocking, the Keystone with it's bigger tanks definitely has the advantage. After that, I'd compare construction materials and appliances.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

steadypraying42
Explorer
Explorer
I have a keystone and have had a few minor issues, however, when ever a problem did arise the repairs were very quick. I would definitely trust to buy again.
Active Duty Army (Fulltiming)
1 YR Old English Mastiff
2 YR Old German Shepherd
2015 Ram 3500 SRW
Aisin Transmission, factory air ride suspension
2015 Keystone Hideout 308BHDS (SOLD)
2016 Voltage Triton 3451 TH

"IN TRUTH LIES VICTORY"

bailer6334
Explorer
Explorer
Here are the TT's I am looking at.

Winnebago 2401RG or Keystone Cougar 24SABWE

Hope to hear more input.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB
2016 Chevy 2500HD LT 6.6L DMAX 4WD
Equalizer 4 Point WDH

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been real happy with our Winnebago, and most owners that have posted on various forums (here and at IRV2.com) have been happy as well. That's not to say that sometimes their quality control screws up. I suggest you really look at both trailers and see which one has the best quality from what you see and will work the best for you. If you share which models your considering, you may get additional feedback.

For us, the choice of the 2201DS was the bathroom size, storage space for longer trips, outdoor kitchen and overall size and weight for towing with a 1/2 ton truck.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

wecamp04
Explorer
Explorer
The one you like best,we has a keystone great trouble camper

Murphsmom
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 Keystone Cougar that has given us no trouble since our first trip out...the fridge went bad and was replaced by Camping World as soon as we brought it in.

RavensFan24
Explorer
Explorer
I've had 2 Keystones and enjoyed both with no major issues. We absolutely love our current trailer.
2010 Chevy Tahoe & 2015 Keystone Bullet Premier 30'

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Toss up. You should put your eyes on the ones you're considering. The Winnebago's I have seen did not impress me. Keystone has dozens of different brands with slight differences.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

1nhrafan
Explorer
Explorer
Not having owned a Winnebago, I can only comment on the Keystone. I've got a 2010 Outback that has been trouble free from day one. Very happy with the construction and operation. I plan on upgrading to a Class A D/P, but should my finances not align with that, I will be going with another Keystone product.