Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Observation back up camera for travel trailer

kprutzman
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Everyone!

We are purchaseing the Rockwood 2109S travel trailer and are looking to get an observation back up camera.We would like to be able to use the camera for changing lanes when driving as well when backing up into a campsite and have the night vision feature.

I have heard the Furrion camera is one of the best, but have also read some reviews where it loses the video when driving at speeds over 55mph. Was wondering if anyone else had this issue or any other problems or recommendations for the Furrion.

Also, are there any other cameras recommended by any of you?

Thanks!
Kevin
5 REPLIES 5

bailer6334
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Voyager Wireless Observation Camera System Model #WVOS 511 on the last 2 trailers I had/have. Has a 7" Display, volume so if a second person is backing you up you can hear them and has night vision.

I connected it to the clearance lights so I can turn it on at will. Works great no drops. Its not cheap.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB
2016 Chevy 2500HD LT 6.6L DMAX 4WD
Equalizer 4 Point WDH

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
guidry wrote:
I put a camera on the backs of my 5th wheel and my TC. I use one monitor and extension wires that work great. All under $90 from Amazon.

Can you share some links with what you have used? If you have a functional system at that price point, I'd be very interested!

Swell1
Explorer
Explorer
I have the furrion on the back of my trailer, works great
2017 SportTrek 271 VRB
2016 F150 Eco boost with max tow package

NMDriver
Explorer
Explorer
I use a $30 Harbor Freight wired camera. It is one more wire to take loose but I have it situated next to the 7 pin connector. It uses telephone wire junctions so it is easy to connect and disconnect. I double tow so I primarily have it aimed at the boat so I can see both wheels, but it also can see any car behind me and to the sides.
5er/2500Duramax/18ftBoat

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
I put a camera on the backs of my 5th wheel and my TC. I use one monitor and extension wires that work great. All under $90 from Amazon.