cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure of the logic

mikeflys
Explorer
Explorer
A few weeks ago we decided to take a weekend trip to one of our favorite RV spots. We called a week in advance which in the past had been more than adequate. I guess other people have caught on how nice this place is. We were told they were full. Here's the part I don't understand. The guy on the phone asked me what kind of rig I had. Told him a TT. He said the only site they had available was for a MH..... Why would it matter if I have a TT or a MH? Do you have a site available? Yes, then rent it to me.
34 REPLIES 34

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
mikeflys wrote:
Here's the part I don't understand. The guy on the phone asked me what kind of rig I had. Told him a TT. He said the only site they had available was for a MH..... Why would it matter if I have a TT or a MH? Do you have a site available? Yes, then rent it to me.

To quote your thread title - "Not sure of the logic" - WHY are you asking for an explanation from those here on the forum who could only speculate anyway and not the "guy on the phone"? :h
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

rekoj71
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if it applies to your situation exactly, but I am in a campground that has a few MH only sites due to the fact it's a pull in (not thru or back in) and the utility hookups are kinda shared with the neighbors back in site.

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Since you didn't mention the campground all I can suggest is that we've run into places that are exclusive to motorhomes. We used to live in FLAUSA and there are at least two there that are MH only. Traveling last summer we ran into a campground in PA that only accepted 5ers and coaches. Not enough to suggest a trend just sounds like you need to find a new favorite place that doesn't discriminate.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance

rstanek
Explorer
Explorer
We had made reservations at a campground , we knew what site we wanted because of the size of our TT, made the reservation, showed up to find out they switched sites with someone else because they didn't like their site so they gave it to us, there explanation was, we didn't think you would mind, the site sucked big time, we haven't been back since....
2007 Eagle 322FKS
2015 Chev Silverado 6.0 4:10

Redterpos3
Explorer
Explorer
Ummm...they are practically full, MH pay more $$? Course, he could have charged you a higher "almost full" rate, and be totally full, and made you happy in the process (as long as you didn't mind a higher rate). Otherwise, they may "like" MH in their campground. Makes them look like a "fancy" campground??
The Travelin' Terrapins!
2016 Ford F-350 SRW;CC;4x4;172WB;6.7PSD;34,000m
2011 Nash 27T 12,995m
2013 Yr1 30nts 3150m
2014 Yr2 52nts 3365m
2015 yr3 25nts 2260m
2016 yr4 46nts 2500m
2017 yr5 24nts 1720m
2018 yr6 4nts 30m