cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Northern Lite.

glh101282
Explorer
Explorer
I am in the market for a used Northern Lite 9.6. Does this forum have a classified section? Does anyone know of one that is for sale or dealers west of the Mississippi who usually have a good stock in hand. I know of Toms camper land, but any others.

Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
wintersun wrote:
Good idea to check for any problems with the various campers models, especially in terms of how weather tight they are. A number of fiberglass shell campers were touted as being more waterproof but this often proved not to be the case.

People looking for a Bigfoot or Northern Lite have done exactly that, thatโ€™s why they want one of those!!
You still have to mind the seals on windows and hatches, but the fiberglass clamshell campers are absolutely more water-tight and weather-resistant.

The problem is used ones go for so much money that when I tried to find a deal on one I ended up going new - and thatโ€™s very unlike me!
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
check out RV trader.
currently there are a couple of model you are looking for.
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

mbloof
Explorer
Explorer
JW2 wrote:
You might try here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/692034131579209/

It is a facebook page titled "Northern Lite truck campers for sale".

The above is the preferred method rather than to ask/post in the user/owner forums as there currently is none there being offered.

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
You may want to make an ISO 9-6 post in one of the two Facebook Northern Lite Owner/Enthusiast groups. They typically let folks in the research phase of purchasing a NL join. Always somebody on the edge about making a decision to sell. Your post could bring them out.

Sales of NL's have increased quite a bit in the last few years. More times than not, used, late model NL's can be found on rvtrader.com; however, the vast majority of these will be located at dealerships. Older NL's in good shape are scarce. IMO, you'll need to keep your search nationwide if you want to find something sooner rather than later.

Good luck!

glh101282 wrote:
I am in the market for a used Northern Lite 9.6. Does this forum have a classified section?

No, the forums do not have a classified ads section. It is also not allowed to use a thread or post for that purpose.

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
glh101282 wrote:
I am in the market for a used Northern Lite 9.6. Does this forum have a classified section? Does anyone know of one that is for sale or dealers west of the Mississippi who usually have a good stock in hand. I know of Toms camper land, but any others.

Thanks.

Go to iRV2 forums.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Keep looking but the market is very tight now.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wintersun
Explorer
Explorer
Good idea to check for any problems with the various campers models, especially in terms of how weather tight they are. A number of fiberglass shell campers were touted as being more waterproof but this often proved not to be the case.

JW2
Explorer
Explorer
You might try here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/692034131579209/

It is a facebook page titled "Northern Lite truck campers for sale".

FireGuard
Explorer
Explorer
Itโ€™s hard to find any used TCs now, especially a NL or Bigfoot.
Toms has the only one Iโ€™ve seen scanning CL and RV Trader.
It looks like a nice one but I think theyโ€™re asking around $38k.
13Jeep Wrangler
07 Ragen 21FB
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
14 Suzuki DR 650

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II
Take note of this thread near the top of the forum:
https://forums.trailerlife.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27945924.cfm
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow