cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newbie question about warrantee work.

Njlungbuster
Explorer
Explorer
This may be a dumb question lol. I own a trailer but never owned a new one that has a warrantee. If your trailer needs work done, can you take it to any rv dealer that retails your brand of trailer or do you have to bring it to where you bought it? I'm assuming(you know what they say when you assume) it's exactly like a car and that you can take it anywhere. Reason I'm asking actually had nothing to do with needing any work. I'm actually considering getting a new camper but the dealership is like 3 hours away. I have a dealership 4 miles from my house that sells the one I want. If I can't convince them to give me the other price, I want to know I can get service there in the future.Thanks
21 REPLIES 21

Njlungbuster
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
these post are right on the money, but even the selling dealer will take weeks even months to get around to doing warrenty work,just doesn,t pay good. now heres a idea. buy the one you want. and forget the dealer, hire a mobil tech that can do warennty work, #1 faster #2 they come to you #3 most are smarter than the $8. bucks a hour the dealer hires.#4 you get to watch and learn. #4 priceless

I was unaware this was even a thing. Would I just Google a mobile trailer repair or is there a place people up to find one in your area? Thanks!

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
these post are right on the money, but even the selling dealer will take weeks even months to get around to doing warrenty work,just doesn,t pay good. now heres a idea. buy the one you want. and forget the dealer, hire a mobil tech that can do warennty work, #1 faster #2 they come to you #3 most are smarter than the $8. bucks a hour the dealer hires.#4 you get to watch and learn. #4 priceless

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
What the above posts say, but keep in mind that there are RV techs. all over the place, and usually their rates are lower than the RV dealers, and they are more knowlegeble and reliable.

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Any dealer authorized to sell and do warranty work on a given brand CAN, the issue is WILL they do it? Many only want to service units they sold or will take yours in and hold it till they have nothing else to do in the shop and then consider looking at yours.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
On theory you should be able to take it to any dealer that sells that brand. In actual pracrice, they may take it in, but 99.9% of the time you will be at the bottom of the repair list. RV dealers are NOTHING like the automotive world.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Most dealers will only repair under warranty units they sold. Ask the local dealer about their policy.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Njlungbuster wrote:
I'm assuming(you know what they say when you assume) it's exactly like a car and that you can take it anywhere.

Lotsa luck with that, let us know how that goes. ๐Ÿ˜›
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380