cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New awning recommendations

1Longbow
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you that have replaced your awning ,any company you recommend. Is a 15 oz awning more durable than a 13 oz one .Thank you for all answers
4 REPLIES 4

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
Years ago I replaced original Dometic awning with another Dometic awning. Been very happy.
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

frisco_dave
Explorer
Explorer
My original awning had been manufactured by Carefree of Colorado, so I just used them again. Gave them info off the tag on my awning, and they made a new one based on exact dimensions from that tag.

I chose a material that was WAY better (premium vinyl). Wasn't terrible to replace. Took me and my wife probably 2-2.5 hours to replace it.

It still looks great 5 years later. Original awning was already coming apart quite noticeably by year 5.

Just looked on their website- the premium vinyl is a 15 oz product, and I can definitely tell that its more heavy duty then OEM.
2011 KZ Coyote 232SS
2011 Expedition 3.73

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
tuff tops replacement awning material. I've used them for replacements on both my trailers as have others I've known. Material is very good, AND is VERY easy to keep clean!! I've also used tuff tops for replacements for slide out topper material.

They custom cut the material for each awning.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

SuperBus
Nomad
Nomad
I'd recommend Sunbrella fabric over vinyl. Incredibly durable and endless choices in colors.