cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need New shocks.... opinions please!

Tim_Nowicki
Explorer
Explorer
Lookin to replace all 4 shocks on my 2012 F-450 chassis cab, flat bed V-10. Opinions please!! Not lookin to cheap out on these. thanks
18 REPLIES 18

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bilsteins

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
Bils

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Bluhorn
Explorer
Explorer
I have had very good luck with Bilstiens. My monroes on my old D250 wore out in 3 years with low mileage.
1993 Dodge D 250 Cummins Club Cab
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4 Quad Cab
2022 Palomin9 Solaire 242RB
Chance The Senior Husky

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Four RAM trucks and 250,000 miles combined I have been happy with the Bilstein 4600 and 5100 shocks.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

LowRyter
Explorer
Explorer
I've got Bilsteins on my Corvette and Monroes on my truck. They're just shocks, I've never felt that much difference after replacing shocks. I suppose I just don't wear them out, I just change them after 60k miles when I get the next set of tires or brakes.

My Honda struts seem to go forever.
John L
WW SL 2805 5th Wheel
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Allison Duramax X Cab
Ducati 939 SS, Moto Guzzi V11 Sport, Moto Guzzi EV California and Suzuki 1200 Bandit

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tim Nowicki wrote:
thanks guys, was leanin toward bilsteins from the start. looks like those may be the one.

Great shock, have had mine for 5 years and truck rides great. I also replaced the steering stabilizer with a Bilstein and steering really improved.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
I had 60,000 miles and 14 years on the Bilsteins.... I crawled underneath to change the rear diff fluid and noticed the driver's side rear had developed a leak. I'm not going to change just one shock, so I changed all four.

The BILSTEIN warranty structure is divided in three durations โ€“ reflecting the typical usage of the individual product. Rare for the performance automotive industry, BILSTEIN offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty to the original purchaser that our product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the damper. This Limited Lifetime Warranty extends to the following lines:

B4 OE Replacement
B6 / B6 Performance / B6 4600
B8 Performance Plus
B12 Series
B14 (PSS)
B16 (PSS9 & PSS10)
B8 5100 / B8 5100 (Ride Height Adjustable) / B8 5112 / B8 6112

Thank you for that information. I guess I will do some checking. I had no idea they had a lifetime warranty.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

rosewood1
Explorer
Explorer
just replaced shocks on 2007 f350 cab and chassis with rancho adjustables, improved empty ride greatly and i am going to tow in a few wekks and will probably have to adjust them. so far i am happy

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
fj12ryder wrote:
I had 60,000 miles and 14 years on the Bilsteins.... I crawled underneath to change the rear diff fluid and noticed the driver's side rear had developed a leak. I'm not going to change just one shock, so I changed all four.

The BILSTEIN warranty structure is divided in three durations โ€“ reflecting the typical usage of the individual product. Rare for the performance automotive industry, BILSTEIN offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty to the original purchaser that our product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the damper. This Limited Lifetime Warranty extends to the following lines:

B4 OE Replacement
B6 / B6 Performance / B6 4600
B8 Performance Plus
B12 Series
B14 (PSS)
B16 (PSS9 & PSS10)
B8 5100 / B8 5100 (Ride Height Adjustable) / B8 5112 / B8 6112
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had 60,000 miles and 14 years on the Bilsteins, and about all I use the truck for is hauling our 5th wheel toyhauler. I crawled underneath to change the rear diff fluid and noticed the driver's side rear had developed a leak. I'm not going to change just one shock, so I changed all four.

Maybe they should have lasted longer, but then again maybe carrying 3,000 lbs. in the bed is hard on them. ๐Ÿ™‚ Anyway I've been happy with them, so I replaced with the same thing.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
I have no idea of the size shocks that truck would take, but if you can find Bilstiens that fit, that is what I would recommend. I just replace my old Bilsteins with another set. "If it works stick with it."

I don't even know how long Bilstein's last. Have only had 2 sets, 2 different trucks, both installed at relatively low miles and both trucks had 4 good Bilstein shocks still when i sold them at 130k and 180k+ miles. The latter having 20-30k miles hauling an overloaded truck camper.

the bilsteins on my 2004 duramax that our son now has have 250K miles on them. still working well.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
fj12ryder wrote:
I have no idea of the size shocks that truck would take, but if you can find Bilstiens that fit, that is what I would recommend. I just replace my old Bilsteins with another set. "If it works stick with it."

I don't even know how long Bilstein's last. Have only had 2 sets, 2 different trucks, both installed at relatively low miles and both trucks had 4 good Bilstein shocks still when i sold them at 130k and 180k+ miles. The latter having 20-30k miles hauling an overloaded truck camper.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

Tim_Nowicki
Explorer
Explorer
thanks guys, was leanin toward bilsteins from the start. looks like those may be the one.