cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need a new head

Bobandshawn
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Keystone Springdale 307 FK TT. We will be keeping this until the wife retires as we don't have much time to use it. The toilet is leaking. I'm pretty sure it's the valve and the leak is so small (1 cup a weekend) it's really hard to find. I know I can just rebuild the old one but being I am 6'6" and we both have bad knees I was looking at a residential height unit. 18" would be great. I am not opposed to getting a ceramic unit, but plastic is fine as well.

Any recommendations? And where to get it? And install tips?

You guys seem to know everything in the world.
(I'm just humble so I don't say I know everything)

Thanks, Bob
6 REPLIES 6

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is a little off subject but, not much.

If your bathroom is set up right I found that a handle across from the head that you can grab helps a lot. You might think that it would not because you need a handle higher. That is not true. When you start to move upward you are actually moving your body forward. A handle right in front of you helps a lot in getting moving forward,, and then up.

Sorry if I did not explain this very well. Just trying to help.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
What brand/model do you currently have.......that info will help with replacement selection

Thetford Aqua Magic
SeaLand/Dometic 320

Elongated bowl ...high profile toilets

Toilet Conversion Chart
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Bobandshawn
Explorer
Explorer
No interest in a riser. I saw those. Looks like wobbles and more areas for leaks. A 17"-18" tall potty would be just fine.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have bad knees also. My MH has a 6 in built-in platform which greatly helps.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Thetford makes a riser of about 4 inches which helps.
Depending on your current model would determine a good replacement. We replaced our Galaxy with a Bravura along with the riser.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't want to go shopping the dealers, stay at home and shop Amazon.