cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Natchez Trace

daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking about doing the Trace in couple of weeks. Anybody done it in a T/C I have heard it is narrow. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
OK folks ty for the reply!!

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
TC no problem - we did it a few years ago, and I'm surprised anyone would think it's any kind of challenge. Maybe if you have a double-cab dually towing a forty-foot trailer, you might find it a good idea to take it slow in a few spots. But it's doable and a nice drive with some history stops. TC is piece of cake, with frosting. Enjoy...
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
If you like Southern food, eat at The Loveless Cafe just off the northern end of the Trace. Back by their event barn is a gravel parking lot large enough to accommodate any size rig.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
It is a federally maintained property.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
notsobigjoe wrote:
What is the Trace?

The Natchez Trace is a road built on an old Indian Trail that runs from Nashville, TN, to Natchez, MS. We used to run it every year when we would go to Red Bay, Alabama, for service on our Tiffin. My husband was born near there and we loved the Trace. For 15 years, I drove our 40' Phaeton towing a car. Absolutely no problems. It is a bit narrow. . . you need to focus, not a lot of room for error, but I loved it. Maximum speed is 50 mph, 45 in the extreme northern part. No commercial traffic or trucks, just cars, pickups, etc. People out for a leisurely drive. There are point of interest along the way and a visitor's center along the route. Very relaxing. Almost always see wildlife. Lots of pull offs, places to stop for lunch. There are some comfort stations. Cell phones won't work well, though. Great drive.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
What is the Trace?

CarryOn
Explorer
Explorer
Absolutely no problem !!

I have done it at least 6 times, usually in the late Fall
or early Spring.

I have seen class A's and 5th wheel, although they would have
some problems fitting into some of the campgrounds along the trace.

Take your time !!
1999 Lance 1030
2006 F350 SRW 6.0L