cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nash 18FM

wallaceb
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all, Seriously looking at the Nash 18FM as my next RV, down sizing from a NUWA 5th wheel. I would appreciate ANY comments on good and bad of this model from 18FM owners. I previously owned an AF 1140 TC, before the NUWA so understand and respect the quality of Northwood products. I thank you in advance....happy trails.
6 REPLIES 6

Timmo_
Explorer II
Explorer II
lol...computer gremlins caused tiple post.
Tim & Sue
Hershey (Sheltie)
2005 F150 4x4 Lariat 5.4L 3.73 Please buy a Hybrid...I need your gas for my 35.7 gallon tank!
2000 Nash 19B...comfortably pimped with a real Queen Size Bed

Timmo_
Explorer II
Explorer II
lol...computer gremlins caused tiple post.
Tim & Sue
Hershey (Sheltie)
2005 F150 4x4 Lariat 5.4L 3.73 Please buy a Hybrid...I need your gas for my 35.7 gallon tank!

Timmo_
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nash 19b owner here. Bought new in 2000 and running strong today. Two things sold us on Nash over other TT (including our 1st choice, Airstream): Insulation--when salesman was showing different brands, all the Nash's were significantly cooler. And for a TT in the 20' range, it had the most features and comforts. Water and holding tanks are larger than most TT of larger lengths.

Negative issues: The upper bunk above the couch conversion was, well, more for show than functionality. I modified it and it is now a 2 shelf storage area--as there was a shortage of space for folded clothes and towels. Nice to be able to roll our memory foam mattress pad and store it on the top shelf and there is enough width and height to store our clothes in medium sized plastic totes on the bottom shelf.

The couch conversion bed was between "double" and "queen" size bed, and the pull out design was kinda hookey. I added 6 inches in width (now queen size) and the pullout with heavy duty ball bearing "drawer slides". I now have the beautiful option of using the couch cushions for the "bed", or best yet....lay a real full size queen mattress on top of the cushions. Of course with the mattress, losing the couch sitting space area is no biggy for the two of us, as the dinette is where we usually sit. Sleeping on a nice queen size mattress (and not having to convert the bed back to couch) is nice, almost like sleeping at home....lol, but will never compare with our California King Temperpedic in our bedroom at home.

Would I buy this model and brand again? Yes.
Tim & Sue
Hershey (Sheltie)

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
We considered the same model after selling our AF 27-5L and downsizing. The biggest thing we had an issue with is the Murphy Bed. Was also concerned about its weight with our Yukon as the tow vehicle.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
You can't go wrong with Nash products. Had a 22H for 10 years and never spent a penny on any repairs. Only costs were tires every 3 years and water pump every 3-4 yrs. Wife wanted to buy something bigger and I have regretted selling it to this day!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Heavy and tall compared to many TTs. Good fresh, grey and black capacities. Excellent quality reputation.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad