cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nash 18FM water intrusion?

wallaceb
Explorer
Explorer
Good evening fellow RVers, I own a 2022 Nash 18FM --- we took delivery in March 2022 and proceeded to run it for 2500 miles looping from PA to VA to GA to South C to North C back through VA, PA and finally home to NJ. Our break-in found all system and features worked perfectly except for one outside LED light fixture which was promptly replaced. We were pleased with the quality of the product. The 18FM is our second Northwood RV having owned an AF 1140 Slide-in which we traveled some 20,000 miles in without a single issue.

We are completing a summer vacation run and on our way back down from Maine. On our run from Acadia down to Scarborough today we traveled thru HEAVY rain. When we arrived and setup at our CG stop we were surprised to find the floor inside the unit wet. All vents were down and secure during the trip (no signs of water on the ceiling in and or around vents). I BELEIVE the slide was retracted all the way and did an outside check of same before we left this morning. All windows were shut and secure with no water signs anywhere else except on the central floor area. Also checked everywhere else and find the only wetness detected was when I ran my fingers under the slideout platform - interior side. Obviously I likely found the problem and will endeavor to solve same. My only question is "Has anyone else found this problem as well? I will be calling Northwood tomorrow and seek their help/advice. Meanwhile Thanks for reading and happy trails.
2 REPLIES 2

trailernovice
Explorer
Explorer
Suggest see my thread on same topic from two days ago....captioned 'First place to look re. where water got in to our TT'

my culprit seems to be the sliding-window drains....in a pounding rainstorm, water overflowed the gutters, sheeted down the side onto the bedroom window (which is beyond the coverage of the awning), and filled up the sliding-window tracks faster than drain/weep holes could handle
Glenn and Toni
2019 Jayco JayFlight SLX8 264 BH
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 3.21 gears
Reese round bar w/d with sway control

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
Could you have water coming in around the air conditioner ? Driving through HEAVY rain puts the test to everything. You are pushing air into every part at 50 + MPH.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.