cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My interview in Truck Camper Magazine

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
Truck Camper Magazine started ten years ago. I was one of the first they interviewed, after they found my website with tales of my first year of ramblin'. Other small articles about me followed over the years.

For their 10th anniversary, they wanted another major article on me. They picked the "25 best campgrounds" theme, since they knew I was now keeping a map of all my campsites (now over 600). For some odd reason, the 25 best I picked are spread almost equally across the western states I've visited. 🙂

The article is here.

If you don't care much about the campground info, there are plenty of nice pictures.
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram
13 REPLIES 13

bigfootford
Nomad
Nomad
Great article. We have stayed at many of your "remote" places...

Jim
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
That's a nice book of memories.

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
Many thanks to all for the positive comments! 🙂

Snowman: Thanks for the encouragement. Well before 95 I'll be in that "big campground in the sky". 🙂 I admire your dad for keeping on going for that long. I too am a musician. At least I can sit in my rocker and do that after my RVing energy has left me. 🙂

Hank: Very ironic that you live in AR and have stayed in Maple Grove before. Even more ironic is that I was born and raised very close to you, in Fayetteville. 🙂 Maybe our paths will cross some summer in UT.
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Very cool, thanks for sharing.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
Really enjoyed the articles
samsontdog:o:W

wyocowboy00
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph, I am almost the same age as you and enjoy camping like you do. I built my first truck camper in 1969 and it almost killed me and a friend on a hunting trip - I didn't put any vents in it and we almost died of lack of oxygen while sleeping. Enjoyed your article in Truck Camper Magazine. Best wishes and maybe we will meet up out in the boondocks somewhere.
2012 Chev. Silverado 3500HD DRW 4 X 4
2013 Arctic Fox 992 240 watts solar
Jerry & Judy

Hank_53
Explorer
Explorer
Very good interview Ralph. I must admit I have visited your website and read about your campground reviews many times in the last ten years while researching campgrounds.

Maple Grove Campground in Utah is also one favorite campgrounds and stay there at least once a year. Keep up the reviews, I really like reading them.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Neat stuff, Ralph.

After my dad died at 95, as I was cleaning out the house, I came to realize how many things he did AFTER age 75. Travel- and hobby-wise. He was a musician and played till he died. Also, it was the first time I really saw the nuts and bolts of what he had to put up with in terms of minor and medium physical and health issues. I was aware of them, but gathering all the stuff in one place made the picture a lot more vivid. He really had a strong drive to keep going. All this to say, if you still enjoy it, I hope you keep going.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

csh_2088
Explorer
Explorer
I visit Truck Camper Magazine and really enjoy reading it. My favorite articles are the ones on people like you travel all over to different parts of the country.

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
I was surprised at how many of your best that I have not yet stayed at. Plenty of material here for future trips. Thank you for the maps, the photos, and the campsite info.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Ralph, we are making notes for our future trip to the West coast.

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Read it, very nice...
I like the Map with the info pins... very nice...
Thanks for taking the time to do that..

I try to do the same, but not at that level...
Enjoyed it..

Thanks..
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10’ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow N’ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website

JRJR
Explorer
Explorer
I read it today Ralph. Very interesting and helpful.
Thank you.