cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My 2008 F-250 (a little rant)

Crodad
Explorer
Explorer
I've had my truck since November 2007. It is 12 years old. I've had very little trouble with until the last year or so. And this past week was rough. I needed to change my ball joints, tie rod and shocks. The mechanic also told me I need to change my body mount bushings. I should have a brand new truck after this! LOL I keep telling my wife it's still cheeper than buying a new one.

Attn Ford owners: The body mount bushing are a design flaw by Ford and they have not corrected the problem. They will fail on you in time. If they do, DO NOT buy the Ford replacement! It is the same thing and domed to fail. Buy a Kevlor after market replacemaent.
2015 F-250 PSD 4x4 XLT
2016 Silverback 31RK

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARCOFLIDLAMSMTNVNMTNTXUTWYsm.jpg
17 REPLIES 17

Crodad
Explorer
Explorer
MWJones wrote:
Ex mechanic here-- Please get a 2nd opinion. I smell a rat.
PS: I have NEVER heard of body mounts going "bad"!!!!

My mechanic is a friend. He showed me the bushings or should I say whatโ€™s left of the bushings. This YouTube video shows what they look like and mine are worse.
2015 F-250 PSD 4x4 XLT
2016 Silverback 31RK

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARCOFLIDLAMSMTNVNMTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
MWJones wrote:

They actually do. Ford changed the mount material somewhere before 2006, older trucks seem to do better. Good shops that are doing extensive motor work that pull the cabs off usually replace them as part of a PM. Again not all body mount replacements are good, some are really stiff others too soft. Read the reviews!

My 2006 is still pretty good but noticing more vibration through the seat of my pants little by little. Since they have lasted 13 years it wouldn't bother me to replace them with factory units. I do like the ride quality.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

MWJones
Explorer
Explorer
M Jones
American and Texan by birth
Christian by the Grace of God
Retired and enjoying Traveling and Camping
Spending part of summers in South Fork, Co