Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Members welcoming fellow members

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
Original post--
You know, I got to thinkin. Those of you who know me know that's dangerous. This is only a thought, I thought I'd throw it out there.

All of us travel. Duh, that's why we have campers. Who all would be interested in putting there names on a list of "Members Welcome". A list of members that welcomes other members to stay the night in their driveway when they're on the road.

Of course, opting-in would be completely optional. My thought here is that a list is done up with only screen names. When a member is planning on being in the area, they forum-email the other member for the address and see if that member is available to welcome guests that night. That way, the address is not out in the public and no unexpected surprises happen.

Just a thought.

-------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1-6-2014

We are going to clean out the list and start a new one. Go to the post dated 1-3-2014 for more info.

Here is the latest "cleaned up" list.

And yes, it's a screenshot, not a text-list. Sorry. The forum doesn't support any kind of formatting, like tables or tabs, so when I tried to list it as text it looked like a jumbled mess.

'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo
137 REPLIES 137

radardog
Explorer
Explorer
Almost all American Legion Posts and VFW Posts have hook ups for traveling members. Also Moose Lodges have them and I am sure other organizations do so also. If the membership here would just recommend that to the organizations they belong to that do not have facilities it would be a help to those traveling where there are no close by campgrounds. Of course there are those who wouldn't even be willing to kick over 10 to 20 bucks a night to offset some of the expenses so maybe better off to let it go.
The fan always wins

Joy
Explorer
Explorer
Works for me!
See ya' down the road!

Don-SCPO USN Ret.Corpsman
Joy-Ret.Off.Mgr.
Maggie-Chihuahua
Chrissie-Chihuahua
Lucy-Jack/Rat
'06 42' Allegro Bus DP
'06 Saturn Vue

LIFE ISN'T ABOUT HOW TO SURVIVE THE STORM BUT HOW TO DANCE IN THE RAIN.

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Boatycall wrote:
You know, I got to thinkin. Those of you who know me know that's dangerous. This is only a thought, I thought I'd throw it out there.

All of us travel. Duh, that's why we have campers. Who all would be interested in putting there names on a list of "Members Welcome". A list of members that welcomes other members to stay the night in thier driveway when they're on the road.

Of course, opting-in would be completely optional. My thought here is that a map is done up with only screen names. When a member is planning on being in the area, they IM the other member for the address and see if that member is available to welcome guests that night. That way, the address is not out in the public and no unexpected surpises happen.

Just a thought.

On our last trip I started putting where we were at the moment under my signature at the end of my posts...

You'd be surprised at the number of contacts we had.

we visited quite a few people at their invitation... just like we did with you.

It wasn't always possible... but always great when it was.

Chet
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare