Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mattresses!

jukes
Explorer
Explorer
Hi!

We just got a 2015 Cherokee travel trailer. It has bunkbeds with the full size corner cut out mattresses. Need to replace at least one with a good comfy mattress for a 220lb side sleeper. I have seen online a few places that custom make these but for around $800.

Has anyone bought a full and cut the corner themselves, BUT we wouldn't want just foam, needs to at lease have the cooling top or material that isn't hot. And be at least 8' thick. Does it end of coming apart?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
My wife found a 4" thick adjustable foam topper at bed bath Nd beyond. We gave it a try on top of the oem mattress and it has been very nice. I need a more firm mattress or my back kills me as I am a side sleeper. That topper has foam rods that go through it that you can shift in different places to get the support right where it needs to be. Cut them in half and you can adjust his and hers individually. We only made 2 adjustments to get it spot on.

https://youtu.be/9wK3Waqrvq8

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just curious, have you checked that the bunks are rated for a 220 person?
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

ronharmless
Explorer
Explorer
Try these people Clicky

jukes
Explorer
Explorer
okay thanks. It's a full for the bunk beds with corner cut. The main bed is a short queen and I've bought them on Amazon before..

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is it a RV queen mattress? Some online mattress builders say they guarantee their product, money back if not satisfied. here's the catch. You need to donate the mattress and get a receipt and show it to them. Who accepts used mattresses?
After researching a mattress for my trailer I went to a store locally that builds the mattresses, I tested what they had and they made what I wanted. So pleased. Yes it was 700 dollars however, some things I cannot go cheap on and sleep is one of them.
With all the requirements you have, then to cut it up yourself?
Sure, what the Rv builders put in trailers are for kids, not adults. Do a search, there are some good threads on this.