cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Manufactures tow guides

BRP
Explorer
Explorer
HELP, I'm confused on these charts, what are the dashes for in their table? I'm trying to figure what my F250 can haul as far as a 5th wheel but there are dashes without explanation.
Does anyone know?
5 REPLIES 5

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
BRP wrote:
Thanks everyone, sorry for posting this question twice, didn't think the first one went through. I have a Ford F-250 Supercab SRW 4x2 with (according to the code on the door) a 3:73 axle but it has a dash next to what should be the 5th wheel tow rate so either I can't or it's the one above it showing 16,000 LBS. therefor my confusion.

Again Thanks

Since you say you have a 3:73 axle, you must have the 6.2L. If you have an 8' box, you max 5th wheel is 12,900. If you have the 6 3/4, your rating is 13,000. These numbers are for 2017+.

If you have a 2011-2016, the ratings are around 500lbs less.
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

BRP
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone, sorry for posting this question twice, didn't think the first one went through. I have a Ford F-250 Supercab SRW 4x2 with (according to the code on the door) a 3:73 axle but it has a dash next to what should be the 5th wheel tow rate so either I can't or it's the one above it showing 16,000 LBS. therefor my confusion.

Again Thanks

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
BRP wrote:
HELP, I'm confused on these charts, what are the dashes for in their table? I'm trying to figure what my F250 can haul as far as a 5th wheel but there are dashes without explanation.
Does anyone know?

You don't say what 250 you have, and no info on your profile page. To know what pin wt you can carry on your rear axle, you need to fill fuel, load everyone, everything you will haul in it, and go weigh your rear axle. If your RAWR is 6,100, and your loaded to go truck rear axle actually weighs 3,400, you will have 2,700 left for hitch and pin wt.

Jerry

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
BRP wrote:
Does anyone know?

If you are looking in your owner's guide. There should be a code to explain the dashes. And that is where you should look. You owner's guide should have the F250 configuration you have, in a list. XLT, Lariat, Wheelbase, GVWR, Engine, and rear gear. Find that configuration in the towing guide section, and you will know exactly what you can carry, and or tow.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
As was explained yesterday, the dashes are often for combinations that are not offered. Ford chart was offered by one responder as an example.
In cases where a certain engine, cab, wheelbase, or engine are not offered, they simply put a dash in that spot. Places where there are, models have the corresponding numbers.