cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking into purchasing a new 2019 Ram HD?

GBuilders
Explorer
Explorer
I know they are not on lots until around summer is what I have been told. I have a 2014 Ram 3500 MC 4x4 Laramie now but I don’t need this much truck anymore and the ride is rough to say the least. I do love everything else about the truck. Looks like the 2019 2500’s have a good pay load for what I’ll need and a much better ride. I use mine for a daily driver and I’m a general contractor I do drive it a lot.
My question is what could I expect to paid with an truck that has a MSRP of around $77K? The dealer I ussually buy from told me he can order today and sell for invoice. But he just ordered a $82k 2019 Platmiun DRW and invoice was $75k. That does not sound like a good deal for the buyer. I thought you could get around $12-16k off MSRP of a 77k truck is that not the case? I understand incentives and rebates count as well.
Anyone order or purchase a new truck in the last year or two and what deals did you find?
Thanks for the help G
2005 Jayco Eagle 305 BHS 5th wheel

New truck: 2019 Ford F-250 power stroke platinum 4x4

Former truck: 2014 Ram Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4 6.7/Aisin 6 speed 3:73
21 REPLIES 21

GBuilders
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Unless there’s more reasons for a new truck, not sure how a 3500 srw is too much truck when the 2500 is the same except for the rear suspension.
You could get a softer set of rear springs for like $600.
Besides, a new 2500 will ride just as rough with the required rear tire pressure as a 3500 will with 40 psi in back
Just say you want a new truck.

First of all my truck is a 3500 MC DRW 4x4. Love the truck but just don’t need that big of a truck anymore. It’s hard to park and rides rough but all DRW trucks that can tow 30k pounds will ride rough.

I’m just ready to start looking into a new Ram but a 2500 Cummins. Besides my CPA says I need to spend some money for my business.
2005 Jayco Eagle 305 BHS 5th wheel

New truck: 2019 Ford F-250 power stroke platinum 4x4

Former truck: 2014 Ram Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4 6.7/Aisin 6 speed 3:73

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
You could buy a slightly used F350 Platinum diesel out of Canada for 57000 USD.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

pullin2
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a new Ram 2500 CTD long bed crew cab Lonestar edition at the end of 2017. (Actually, on Dec 23rd)

If my memory is correct, the sticker price was $59,600, and I got enough incentives that it was $47,100 out the door. I'd like to brag about my awesomeness as a negotiator, but to be honest they were really really ready to move it since it was the end of the year (and of the model year), and the truck was a long bed with no carpet. Pretty hard to sell in the urban area. I don't know, but I suspect it was an ordered truck that for some reason wasn't bought. It had an odd selection of options.
RB, JC (& a few dogs)
2017 Ram CC LB Cummins,
35' Windjammer
30' Sea Ray
I used to tandem-tow (hence my username), but my trailers grew too big.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Last year a F450 Platinum stickered close to $100K.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

womps
Explorer
Explorer
You don’t have to justify buying yourself a new truck. If you want it, buy it. It’s good for the economy of the Country. Is it good for your economy? Only one person on this forum knows that answer. YOU!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Unless there’s more reasons for a new truck, not sure how a 3500 srw is too much truck when the 2500 is the same except for the rear suspension.
You could get a softer set of rear springs for like $600.
Besides, a new 2500 will ride just as rough with the required rear tire pressure as a 3500 will with 40 psi in back
Just say you want a new truck.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

womps
Explorer
Explorer
JWP127 wrote:
IdaD wrote:
Get a 2018 2500. Plenty of power, nice truck, you'll get a better deal and you won't have a fuel pump that moonlights as a grenade.

Or get a Duramax if you really want the latest and greatest, and at least forego said grenade.

I don't think the new design is applicable to the heavy duties in 2019.

Yes, the 2019 is the new design. As of today most of the Automobile magazines have their first drive review including the 1,000 lb torque king.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:
RobWNY wrote:
You do know there's two invoices right? The one they are required by law to show you if you ask to see it and then the real one that shows dealer kickback etc. The one they show you is never a lot lower than the MSRP. You never see the real one.

Required by law? I don't think there is a law the mandates a dealer produce the invoice. The invoice price does not include the various holdback/incentives to the dealer. But that does not mean the invoice price changes.

I mis-spoke. Here in NY State there is a law that requires an automobile dealer to show a customer an invoice if they ask to see it. Whether there's a law in any other location I don't know. Obviously where mich800 lives, there isn't. The reason I know there are two invoices is because I have a neighbor that owns several dealerships and he told me there is. There again, I don't know if that's a New York thing or not. All I know is where I live there are two.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

librty02
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck at getting 12 to 16k off sticker of a new vehicle anymore especially a new design. When shopping for new trucks last year I looked at the new Ford Super Duty's. I do not need one but really liked them and would of bought one if the price was right. Well anyone who says you can get a same equipped Super Duty for the same price as a half ton is full of it. I went with another 150 because of the incentives and dealer mark down of 12k off sticker. The super duty's had hardly any incentives the interest rates are through the roof through ford so its not like good interest rate or you get a good rebate you got neither. The most I could get any dealer to take of a Super Duty was 5 to 6k off sticker within 300 miles of me. 5 to 6k off of a 70k truck isn't much at all. I didn't need another super duty yet so I didn't get it. Good luck in your search of a new truck.
2011 FORD F-150 FX4 CREW CAB ECO...
2018 Ford F-150 Max Tow Crew 6.5 3.5 Eco...
2013 Keystone Passport 2650BH, EQUAL-I-ZER 1K/10K

Hank_McMauser
Explorer
Explorer
I'd look at pricing at Dennis Dillon Dodge in Caldwell Idaho. We bought our '15 ram 1500 there, at the time they had best pricing in the nation.
Twin 2015 1500 RAM bighorns and a 12x12 alaknak tent

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
GBuilders wrote:
I know they are not on lots until around summer is what I have been told. I have a 2014 Ram 3500 MC 4x4 Laramie now but I don’t need this much truck anymore and the ride is rough to say the least. I do love everything else about the truck. Looks like the 2019 2500’s have a good pay load for what I’ll need and a much better ride. I use mine for a daily driver and I’m a general contractor I do drive it a lot.
My question is what could I expect to paid with an truck that has a MSRP of around $77K? The dealer I ussually buy from told me he can order today and sell for invoice. But he just ordered a $82k 2019 Platmiun DRW and invoice was $75k. That does not sound like a good deal for the buyer. I thought you could get around $12-16k off MSRP of a 77k truck is that not the case? I understand incentives and rebates count as well.
Anyone order or purchase a new truck in the last year or two and what deals did you find?
Thanks for the help G

Well first off your dealer did not order a "Platmiun" unless you were at a Ford dealership. Ram's top trim is the "Limited" and goes for $62,745 for a gas to $84+ for the diesel fully loaded.

Got to https://www.ramtrucks.com/ram-3500.html and build what you want in the trim you want not what a dealer wants to sell you.

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
I sold equipment in a previous life, the customer never saw our invoices because they were none of his business. We had to make a fair buck yet remain competitive and our pricing reflected that. Make what you feel is a reasonable offer, the worst they can do is say no and counter. If you can't agree on price say thank you for your time and move on. Maybe ask them to include some extras like side steps or a premium sound system.

JWP127
Explorer
Explorer
IdaD wrote:
Get a 2018 2500. Plenty of power, nice truck, you'll get a better deal and you won't have a fuel pump that moonlights as a grenade.

Or get a Duramax if you really want the latest and greatest, and at least forego said grenade.

I don't think the new design is applicable to the heavy duties in 2019.

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
RobWNY wrote:
You do know there's two invoices right? The one they are required by law to show you if you ask to see it and then the real one that shows dealer kickback etc. The one they show you is never a lot lower than the MSRP. You never see the real one.

Required by law? I don't think there is a law the mandates a dealer produce the invoice. The invoice price does not include the various holdback/incentives to the dealer. But that does not mean the invoice price changes.