cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for the right floor plan

khager76248
Explorer
Explorer
We have had a TT, and a Class A. But we sold both, and got out of camping while the girls were in high school.

We are fixing to be free birds, so I am looking for a new TT.
Here's what we want: Length 26-29 feet(we pull with an Expedition, and that is the max length we want to deal with).
We don't want bunks, but would like a bedroom. Prefer a stand alone dinette, but a unshaped one might work. Would love to have to recliners, and the TV placed somewhere you can see it.
Last a corner glass shower would be great.

I have not found the right floor plan yet, so I am looking for ideas.

Thanks for your help.
:)2008 Georgetown 315DS SE:)
8 REPLIES 8

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of good ideas but a better one is to decide what looks best and rent that model for a week or so.

We rented what we thought we wanted, then discover several short comings after 10 days in the Ozarks.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

khager76248
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestions. I wish we could go with a longer trailer, but we would be towing with a 2004 Expedition. We used it to tow our first TT, It was 27 feet, but it had bunks which we no longer need. The Expedition has a short wheel base, so even with a equalizer hitch anything over 27 would be a problem with sway. We are not ready to replace the Expedition yet(in the future can see us buying a truck) because it looks new, and it only has 80000 miles(which in Texas is great).

So back to the trailer, we might have to redo our wish list, or wait until we are ready to upgrade our Vehicle.
:)2008 Georgetown 315DS SE:)

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
You mentioned a "stand alone dinette" - did that possibly mean a table & chairs? If so, FYI - we had one of those sets in place of a dinette in our last trailer, and had difficulty fitting into the seats! ๐Ÿ™‚ The table was not able to be moved (screwed to the floor) and it was a tight fit between the end of the couch and the wall, which the table/chairs set was squeezed into. Wouldn't have wanted to seat more than the two of us! We have a dinette again in our current TT and I like it better.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

_tiredTeacher
Explorer
Explorer
Drbolasky wrote:
Consider possibly the Flagstaff FLT26RLWS.

Or its sister ship the Rockwood 2604WS
Wright and Penny
2010 Tundra 4X4
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
"Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows."

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
Consider possibly the Flagstaff FLT26RLWS. Sounds close to what you are seeking and it is a unit we are looking at as a possible replacement (when the time comes) for our current TT. n Good luck and happy shopping!

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
The JAYCO home page has the floorplan and specs where you can align up side by side for all of their models. Great for finding differences in the layouts...

I would want to add some sort of computer/Ham radio desk setup for just two folks... The computer desk arrangement with supporting printer etc is something you will most definitely need... Look for the different ways you can mod your new layout to accommodate this...

When we was looking at the Jayco X213 we wanted to mod the storage area into a office desk setup something like this...

This could use a computer desk from OFFICE DEPOT like this modified to fit the area.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Look at rear living room models.

For example, this is the Outback 278URL, The length of this is 31 feet 6 inches, a little longer than your desired length, but this will give you an idea what to look for. The Dinette can be swapped out for a free standing table and the couch and be swapped out if you want something different. If you get all free-standing furniture, you can rearrange everything to fit your wishes.

By the way, a set-up like this is ideal for 2 people! If you have a kid, they can sleep on the floor, on the couch (which usually folds out to a bed), or if you keep the dinette, it will fold down to a bed also. We prefer the stand alone table and let the grand kids sleep on the pull out couch. But we have them only once a year or less, so the camper is perfect for just the 2 of us (and our doggie)!

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think you are trying to fit 30+ feet of RV into a few feet less. One of my friends has a 28-foot Jayco Eagle Ultralite fifth wheel that fits the accommodations description, he tows with a crew cab Tundra. For SUV towables, maybe this one which has pretty much the same floorplan as his Eagle, but needs to be 31'5" overall length to put same floorspace on one level behind a bumper-pull tongue.

When we are hanging out together watching movies on DVD, he and I get the recliners, his wife likes to stretch out on the sofa. It is a pretty nice layout, better than mine where I am on a sofa facing the TV hanging over the dinette 7 feet away.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B