cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lewiston/Clarkston trip ID/WA

raychris1
Explorer
Explorer
We are staying at Hells Gate State Park in July. What is there to see in the area. We are taking paddleboards and our mountain bikes with us. We heard Effies tavern has some great burgers. There was a place that supposedly had some good ice cream. Anybody have any local knowledge of the area. We will also be doing some geocaching while we are there.
Ray and Chris
2022 Open Roads 26BH
2013 F-150
5 REPLIES 5

webwrangler
Explorer
Explorer
If you go across the river to the Washington side, then upriver on Snake River Road past Asotin, you can go to Buffalo Eddy National Historic Park. Some nice petroglyphs if you're into that kind of thing. It's a huge eddy on the Snake, and there also appears to be a swimming beach but I would use caution swimming or paddling there. Huge current!
On the Idaho side, the petroglyphs are only accessible by boat.

And if you've never been down Rattlesnake Grade to the Grande Ronde river, that's worth a look. Boggan's Oasis at the bottom of the grade has famous milkshakes.
2005 Rockwood 2104
2011 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7L 4WD
Equalizer
Prodigy

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
raychris1 wrote:
We are staying at Hells Gate State Park in July. What is there to see in the area. We are taking paddleboards and our mountain bikes with us. We heard Effies tavern has some great burgers. There was a place that supposedly had some good ice cream. Anybody have any local knowledge of the area. We will also be doing some geocaching while we are there.

I stay at Hells gate alot when we have doctors appointments..There just isn't much there and why the Lewiston folks head this way for fun..There is the Snake river you will be camped on and they do have jet boat rides up Hells Canyon past some cool remote ranches,which would be fun but I know nothing about them..My son swears by Main street grill for burgers and sandwiches..

It will be hot,really hot in July so plan on it when getting a spot..Good luck and enjoy..
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

raychris1
Explorer
Explorer
I had already looked at the Tourist stuff. I am more interested in the things that are not advertised. More of the-when we were there we saw/did this- type of info.
Ray and Chris
2022 Open Roads 26BH
2013 F-150

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Good book store in museum, right where you check in basically

Have lots of fun with one of those Harbor Freight paddle Bug Killers things. No see ums are so small that came right in the screen. But might of been mid August when we were there.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Do a Google search for `_______ tourism' and put the town in the blank space.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)